Pages

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

When Trust and Doubt Collide

When Heavenly Father answers your prayers there is a very crucial thing you must do.  TRUST.  You just received an answer from your Father in Heaven, and Satan knows just what to plant into your mind to cause you to doubt, fear and believe his lies.  He knows how to make you question whether or not you actually received an answer to your prayer.  The process of prayer and the sweet communication you have with your Father in Heaven is most precious.  It's fragile, delicate, calm, quiet, powerful and oh so sweet.  If you humbly go to Him...if your heart is 100% in it and you are open to the whisperings of the Holy Ghost He will answer you.  Once you have that answer...TRUST.  

Unfortunately sometimes it's not that easy.  Sometimes we are quick to begin to doubt again.  Sometimes we think our way is better.  Sometimes we allow Satan to interfere.  Really, as harsh as it may sound, sometimes we realize we aren't fully putting our trust in Him.  If we were, well then we wouldn't be doubting.  You want to know the marvelous thing about this though?  Heavenly Father forgives.  He understands.  He is patient.  He never leaves you even when you continuously go back to Him with the same thing.  You're showing faith.  You're showing Him that you do trust Him.  If you didn't, well then, you wouldn't be going to Him, now would you?  

“Blessed art thou for what thou hast done; for thou hast inquired of me, and behold, as often as thou hast inquired thou hast received instruction of my Spirit. If it had not been so, thou wouldst not have come to the place where thou art at this time. 

“Behold, thou knowest that thou hast inquired of me and I did enlighten thy mind; and now I tell thee these things that thou mayest know that thou hast been enlightened by the Spirit of truth” (D&C 6:14–15)

Oh how He loves you.  Once you know that...oh once you know how much He loves you...my it's a beautiful thing.  Don't feel unworthy to go to Him again.  We are all imperfect sons and daughters to a perfect Father in Heaven.  We all go to Him.  We all fall short.  You are not alone.  Don't be afraid to continuously turn to Him.  Just because you fell short and let yourself begin to believe Satans lies and doubted that sweet answer your Father in Heaven revealed to you doesn't mean all hope is lost.  It doesn't mean He thinks any less of you or that He will turn you away because you doubted.  Just as our children often need to be reminded of certain things, we too, need to be reminded of those sweet answers to our prayers.  

“If you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might know concerning the truth of these things.

“Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter?”(D&C 6:22–23)

Sometimes through the process of faith and doubt and recognizing the answers to our prayers He is teaching us something beautiful.  He is teaching us what it means to trust in Him.  And I don't mean kinda sorta trust in Him.  I mean, regardless if you received the answer you wanted or not, regardless of the outcome of a situation, saying, "ok this may not have been what I wanted or what I thought I needed, but I will trust in Thee no matter how this plays out.  Because I know your way is the only way, and I know that no matter what, ultimately by following Thee I will be happy."

He is helping us recognize His voice.  It's true what they say, the more in tune we are with spiritual matters, the more focused we stay, the more we immerse ourselves in the language and feelings of the Holy Ghost-the better we are able to understand and recognize promptings, impressions and His love.  

Please don't give up.  Please don't ever give up.  Don't lose faith.  I have personally come to a point recently where I wanted to give up.  I felt like I was doing everything I was supposed to be doing and yet I was struggling.  I was broken.  I thought to myself, "man, this was a whole lot easier when I wasn't reading my scriptures, praying consistently and going to the temple.  I didn't seem to struggle as much."  But I couldn't give up all the good that has come from doing all these things.  I couldn't deny my testimony.  I couldn't go back to how I was, because that's not who I am.  The peace and love I have felt far outweigh the small struggle I was facing.  

You can't receive the protection and guidance you need to make it through this life on top by giving in to Satans deception that the worlds way is the better way.  Storms will arise in life regardless whose side you're on.  And I don't know about you, but when those storms arise I know who I want standing by my side.  I feel proud to be on the side where my Savior leads the way.  I will stand with Him and for Him no matter what.  And I know that when we choose Him we are choosing right.  



No comments:

Post a Comment