Pages

Friday, March 3, 2017

Sharing the Gospel Fearlessly

 

I don't share my spiritual thoughts and feelings to push my religion on anybody.  Most of us are involved in social media.  It's a thing of today's society that a lot of people enjoy.  Some choose to use it as a way to stay connected, some use it as an outlet to find funny, inspirational, motivational stories and photos.  I've seen a lot of good and a lot of bad and a lot of drama come from social media.  

Social media has a way of getting certain articles and writings of others to be spread worldwide in a matter of seconds.  I see it as what a great way to spread the gospel.  To maybe reach somebody who needs to hear it, and without social media maybe they never would have.  I have read many articles on motherhood that really helped me during certain times in my life through social media.  Had I not been involved in social media I may have never read those words that helped me during those times.  I'm grateful to those women who have opened their hearts to be vulerable in order to hopefully help somebody else.

The negativity on social media is junky, but there's also a lot of good.  As is life.  There is a lot of bad, but if we focus on the good we can be truly blessed.  

"God is preparing people to receive your testimony of restored truth.  He requires your faith and then your action to share fearlessly (emphasis added) what has become so precious to you and to those you love."
 -Henry B. Eyring 

We're so quick to share movies and books, tv shows and songs that we love and why we loved them why are we so hesitant to share the testimony we have?  Maybe you're like me and think we'll what if I share what I know and what helps me, and it doesn't work for someone else, and they come back and say hey this didn't work. Is everything you said a lie?  But I like to think that's where faith comes in.  If we have a testimony in the things we share with others then we have to have faith that if they, in a primary answer, search ponder and pray they too, will find the truth you know and share.  

Not everybody who hears us and who reads what we share will come to know the Savior like we do.  Not everybody will accept the gospel.  Some will reject everything you know that is true.  The source that brings you so much joy and peace will not be the answer for some, and that'll sting a bit, but we are His instruments.  We can't be afraid of the ones who will judge and discriminate.  We can't let that hold us back in bringing forth the Gospel.  Have hope.  Be proud to stand as a witness.  Let others see that light in your eyes.  Let them feel what you feel.  

It only takes one person, one voice, one life to change another.  Be that voice to somebody else. It doesn't have to be through social media.  It doesn't have to be standing at the pulpit bearing your testimony.  Let it be in the way you treat those around you, the way you serve, how you treat those in your family and the way you show your love.  I have such a strong testimony in this Gospel.  It truly brings me so much joy and happiness and why the heck wouldn't I want to share happiness with others?!!  Now is the time to act.  Now is the time to build others up and serve those in need.  Be a disciple of Christ and let others feel His love and His light through you.

No comments:

Post a Comment