Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Choose Happiness


Oh, this life can be so so emotionally and spiritually depleting sometimes can't it?  No matter how good of a mood you are in; no matter how spiritually fed you may feel it is so easy to be brought down from that high when we are surrounded by negativity.  As I walked into the store with my three little boys I was on one of those highs.  So happy and grateful and just, well, life was good.  We were greeted by a store employee who was smiling and handing out stickers to all the little kids who came through the front doors.  And if you know my kids, the first thing they ask the person at the cash register at the end of any shopping trip is, "do you have stickers?"  So to be freely given one at the beginning of our shopping trip was a treat.  As we walked through the store we passed by people who weren't in the greatest of moods, if ya know what I mean, and anybody around them knew it.  My demeanor and thoughts were quickly brought down.  So this time I thought, "Man, it sucks that they're feeling like they are, and although there isn't much I can do for them, I can choose to stay happy and positive and smile.  Hopefully, I can bring their mood up for just a moment.  I will choose to show my boys how to choose to be happy and bring joy wherever you may go.

I've been in those shoes.  I've had bad days, and I have made it well aware to anybody around me when it happened.  If I was going to be upset then so was everybody else! Ha ha. But that's not how it should be.  We can choose to step back.  We can choose to figure ourselves out without making those around us suffer.  We can also choose to share our happiness wherever we go, and hopefully we can make somebody else smile.


We get to choose what kind of life we are going to live.  We don't always get to choose our life situations or circumstances, and hard times will always abound at some point, but we can always choose how we will handle ourselves.  We can always choose what influence we will have on not only our own life, but the lives of those around us.  Face each day with a heart full of gratitude and love, and I'm pretty sure you'll find a different outlook on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment