Pages

Friday, February 24, 2017

Because I KNOW You're Loved

 

If I sat down with you, whether I've met you before or you're a complete stranger, I could tell you one thing is for certain.  

YOU ARE WORTHY OF BEING LOVED.

Not just that but,

YOU ARE LOVED, already.

And no matter what you do, what you say or how you feel you will always be loved.  Unfortunately I also know me saying these things to you might not fix you're feelings of inadequacy, unworthiness, insecurities.  I know I can not fix your broken heart.  I can't be the one who drys those tears at the end of a long day of motherhood.  When you finally get those sweet babies to bed and you feel like you completely failed them on every level that day.  I can't be the one who tells you that you actually did better than you feel.  I mean, I can tell you those things.  I can tell you I know you're doing the best you can, but I know it won't fully fix your heart.  

In a talk given by Dieter F. Uchtdorf titled, "You Matter To Him" he says,
Another way Satan deceives is through discouragement. He attempts to focus our sight on our own insignificance until we begin to doubt that we have much worth. He tells us that we are too small for anyone to take notice, that we are forgotten—especially by God.
God sees you not only as a mortal being on a small planet who lives for a brief season—He sees you as His child. He sees you as the being you are capable and designed to become. He wants you to know that you matter to Him.
I don't see your imperfections or flaws, shortcomings or failures.  Heaven knows I'm not perfect.  I don't judge you from what I see on the outside.  When I look at you I see somebody who is trying.  Somebody who wants to be their best. 

You apologize that you didn't have time to put on make up beforehand.  To me, you look beautiful and I hadn't even given that a thought.  You look down and realize you have baby spit up on your shirt and, oh yup, some in your hair too.  You feel embarrassed and apologize again.  I see a mother who has had one of those mornings and yet still is smiling.  During our conversation you explain to me all the things you feel you're lacking in as a mother, wife, student, daughter, friend, employee.  So I ask you, "Do the people you love know you love them?  Do you show them your love?  Can strangers you meet or pass by feel a sense of happiness and love of our Savior through you?  Most importantly, do you know how much your Heavenly Father loves you?"

I know He does.  I know that He will remind you of that love every time you need reminding.  I know that He doesn't enjoy seeing you suffering, but I also know often times it takes suffering for some of us to go to Him.  I know His love is real.  I know His love can heal.  I know as we encircle ourselves in His love we are able to handle life a whole lot better.  We are able to have hope and joy in those hard times.  His love is so pure, so sweet and so perfect.  Being able to feel that and share that is something beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment