Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2015

With love, your little one


"Hi mom.  It's me!  I just wanted to tell you that I think you're doing great at this mom thing.
I know some days, ok a lot of days, you feel like you are failing.
I'm not sure why you feel that way.
Is it because the laundry isn't done?
I don't mind.
Or is it because you are tired?
I understand...okay maybe I don't, because I am never tired, but it's okay.  
Is it because you didn't get ready today and maybe don't feel as beautiful?
Can I tell you a little secret?
I think you're the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.
Daddy thinks so too...just sayin.
Is it because you got a little frustrated when I was taking a long time to clean up my toys and you kept having to say over and over and OVER again to keep cleaning?
I'm sorry, mommy.  There are just so many toys, and it just isn't as fun cleaning up as it is dumping them all over the house.  But I will get it cleaned up.  Maybe you could help me?
Maybe it's because you're feeling worn out because I'm always asking you, "why?"
I admit.  I do ask that a lot.  But I am just so curious all the time, and I'm not going to know unless somebody teaches me and well, mom...
You are my everything.
You are my role model; you are who I have been given to watch and learn from.
Don't you see? 
You're not failing.  Because I know you wouldn't let me fail.
You always tell me to try again.  
That I can do it.
Well mommy, I'm here to tell you that 
YOU CAN DO IT.
I love you so so much. 
It doesn't take a lot to make me laugh or smile.
I don't need a whole lot.
I just need you.  I need your love and affection.  I need you to play with me.
I need your hugs and your kisses.  Nobody else's will do.
You are my heart, mommy."

With Love,
your little one.



No comments:

Post a Comment