Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2014

I just blogged to say I love you


I feel like I insta-overload or blog overload on everything mommy.  I feel like I need to refocus.  I love my children.  I do.  They are a huge part of me, of our family.  But there is something bigger that I am a part of.  My kids aren't always going to need me.  But there is one person that I chose to spend eternity with that will always need me.  And that person, my husband, I will always need.  

It's funny when you first fall in love.  In my opinion, it's funny when you first fall in love with the idea of being in love.  Love is more than those butterflies you got when that super cute boy text you for the first time.  It's more than holding hands and kissing in public so your friends can see that you are "a thing."  Being in love is more than something superficial.  It's more than anything you could ever explain.  You truly don't know love until you feel your heart growing, you notice yourself becoming more and more selfless and you begin to see the bigger picture.  You don't know love until you're totally stumped as to how to explain what love feels like.

True love is eternal.
It's growing.
It's the art of being selfless.
It's acceptance.
True love is pure.
True love is indescribable.

I truly just stand in awe every time I look back at the paths I have taken in life.  My life could have gone in so many different directions.  I had so many ideas of what I thought my life should be like, and yet none of them I went through with.  I wanted to go to college right after high school, but something held me back; I traveled overseas instead.  I played with the idea of going on a mission...but then when this boy continued to pick me up from missionary prep asking me if I was sure I wanted to go on a mission my desire to serve a mission seemed more and more insignificant.  Then this boy started bringing up talk about marriage, and I was hesitant.  I was naive and really and truly didn't know what I wanted out of life.  Fourth of July rolled around and after a night of watching fireworks in the back of his old pick up truck I looked at him and said, "I thought you were going to propose to me tonight."  It was like the feeling of being dumped by your first crush.  From that very moment, I knew what path I was about to go on.  Three weeks later Aaron Hunter proposed to me.

Heavenly Father really knows us.  Even when we're not sure we know who we are or where we are going.  He knows.  He will send us answers in ways we weren't ever expecting.  

This man I married is everything I didn't know I needed.

You know you are truly in love with somebody when you can see this
this beautiful image...
in your future.


3 comments:

  1. I wish I would have found 'true love'......I loved but never truly loved.....I think 'I have been loved by many who truly loved', which is sad when I look back on the hearts I have broken, but I always wanted that feeling of unconditional love for someone....maybe I am incapable of it because I didn't have it growing up, so I don't know how to give it or accept it......I am so happy that you found it and that aaron has it for you.....I worried that you wouldn't cuz I didn't but all of my kids, despite my lack, has found it.....im so happy for that fact.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story is so sweet and beautiful! I love reading snippets. And yes yes yes to everything you said about love!!

    ReplyDelete