Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

Come unto Christ 2014



This past week was Girls Camp.  I had been called to be camp director for my ward.  I was beyond nervous being called to such a big leadership position.  As time approached I was already looking forward to it being over.  I didn't think I could do it.  Not only was I fearing everything possible would go wrong, but I was so worried I was going to miss my kids too much.  Well camp is over, it was a success, and we were far too busy for me to even have time to miss my kids or hubby.  I call that a blessing in and of itself!  The one thing that went wrong was I had made the wrong meal one day, but it all worked out!

Camp was epic.  I don't even have words.  I was sad when it was over.  The first couple days being home was kind of weird.  It was like having been on a mission; being spiritually fed 24/7 and then being put back in the real world.  I felt totally out of it.  I'm getting the hang of "reality" again though.  

I feel spiritually stronger after camp.  I've put more of an effort into being more <I> spiritually active</I> in my daily routine.  I feel like I've changed.  Worldly things seem to matter a little less.  I want to be a better person mentally, physically and spiritually.  I gained a testimony in so many areas during camp.  A testimony that I can't deny, ever.  

The girls in my ward, oh.my.heck!  They are AMAZING!!!  I hate the thought of not being with them until next year at camp.  I want them to come over and watch movies or do stuff with them still!  Haha.  I want to keep learning from them.  And our YW president??  UHmazing!  Those girls are beyond lucky to have her.  I love her to pieces.  I remember testimony night and everybody was hugging each other and I was totally avoiding her!  Hahaha.  I just didn't even know how to express to her how much I had grown to love and appreciate her.  How grateful I was that she had faith in me to be a camp director.  I have no clue how I held it together when I did stop avoiding her.  I wish I could just keep going to YW!! 

I know that the power of the priesthood is true.  I know that when you follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost, not only are you personally blessed but often times, the lives of others are changed and blessed.  I know that missionary work can happen outside of serving an actual mission.  I know that this gospel is true.  

I had so many personal strengthening experiences up at camp that I need to write down in my journal.  After this experience I feel like I was designed to do more.  I was created for bigger things than I think I am really capable of doing.  But I have faith that, with His help, I can do anything.

Girls camp 2014 changed me.



No comments:

Post a Comment