Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Confidence and Beauty


His beauty is everywhere.
His greatest beauty lies within each of us, though.

When you are confident you are beautiful

I watched and listened to my mom and a couple of her friends.
Something I saw in my mom that I didn't in her friend next to her was simple.
My mom has confidence.
Sure, there are things about herself that she wished she could change...
we all have insecurities 
but it's when we let our insecurities out shine our confidence that our true beauty fades.
It's okay to have insecurities, and it's okay to want to strengthen those insecurities.
We should always be striving to become the best version of ourselves...
let me be more specific.
We should always be striving to become the best version of ourselves for ourselves 
not for others.
Be always bettering yourself for YOU.
Don't try to push yourself to become somebody some one else wants you to be.
My mom knows she is beautiful
I look at photos of her and I can see that she knows who she is and who she wants to be, always.

I don't have a little girl
and I don't know if boys need "pep talks" to know how beautiful they are...
I know that if I were a mom to a girl it would be extremely important for me to tell her
I see her....she is beautiful..
In todays world where everybody is constantly stressing what "perfection" should be...
I would want to teach her that she should always seek Him.
To go to Him and He will show her what He sees
and I know He would see beauty
and that would be where she should find her strength and confidence.

I do have two sweet and precious boys though, 3 1/2 and 15 months, and they need my love.
They need to be constantly reassured that they are loved
they are bright, handsome, funny...
they need to hear me tell them that I am proud of them.
I want them to have a deep sense of security and be deeply rooted to their family.
Our home will be where they learn to find their self
They will learn and grow.
We will always tell them that we love them..
We will tuck them into bed, kiss their foreheads and constantly tell them that we are glad they are ours.

Not one day goes by without us saying the words, "I love you" more than 504,399,202 times day.
It kills me to know that some kids go there whole life without hearing those words.
Every child deserves to be loved.  
Confidence has to be nourished to bloom.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your heart.
    I would be honored if you
    would follow my journey
    with Huntington's Disease.
    www.livingwithpassion90.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete