Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Your are enough

The movie Frozen has been the biggest thing around since, who knows, since the cheeseburger?  HA!  Bad comparison?  Do you get the point though?  Hopefully.  Anywho, I was listening to the song that every single child, teen, adult and even grandparent knows by heart, Let it Go.  I've only heard this song a million times sung by my children in my class and others, but tonight, tonight I got a very profound meaning out of it.

WOMEN, LADIES, GIRLS.... LET IT GO!

"a kingdom of isolation, and it looks like I'm the queen."
-We all feel like this sometimes, maybe for some, most of the time.  We feel like we are not as good as somebody.  We compare ourselves to the women in our lives or the bloggers or celeberties we admire.  We try and mimic their look, act like them, or worse, try to be perfect...all the time.  As we keep trying to be like somebody else we start to feel heavy.  We become lost.  We aren't happy.  We start losing ground and looking at ourselves and all our imperfections.  We become isolated.

People are going to criticize.  No, Hollywood is not going to stop shoving images of perfection in our faces. Yes, models, vogue, victoria secret...all of those are still going to promote promiscuous images and ideas. People are going to keep telling you what they THINK YOU should look like.  How do you feel about that?  Other people that you don't even know, or maybe you do, maybe it's your mother or father or siblings or friends who are telling you to change.  They are telling you that you're not good enough, not pretty enough or smart enough.  Our biggest critic however is ourselves...  I am here to tell you..

YOU ARE ENOUGH!

 "It's time to see what I can do, to test the limits and break through, no right no wrong no rules for me, I'm free....LET IT GO..."
   

I'm not hiding behind make-up.  I like make-up, yes, it's fun, but I'm not going to be a victim of criticism.  I am all for pampering yourself and wearing make-up and feeling good about yourself.  So wear make up if you want.  But I don't want us to wear it because we feel like we need to hide our natural beauty.  

"Whenever I see myself and criticize my looks, thinking that I am not pretty I remind myself that Heavenly Father created me.  So if I am telling myself I'm not beautiful...what does that say to Him?"

I never never want my Heavenly Father to think I believe He made a mistake in creating me.  He doesn't make mistakes.  He created each of us differently.  He knows that each of our hearts will change another persons heart.  He sees beauty when He looks at each of us.  He knows that we will struggle.  He knows we aren't perfect.  His son, our Savior, suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane because we were imperfect beings, and we needed a way to repent and to become complete, before we could return to our Father in Heaven.  See, He knows we will fall.  He knows we are not perfect.  He loves us though.  He wants us to be the best version of ourselves.  He wants us to see what He sees.  
   
I truly believe beauty is really seen when somebody has a good heart.  Beauty is seen when YOU start leaning who YOU are.  You start giving yourself time instead of giving your time in trying to be somebody else; that's when you start to get to know who YOU are.  When you begin to see who you are, you begin to see how your life is exactly right for you.  The exact trials you have faced and the exact happy times you've had were exactly what you needed to grow into the person you were made to become.  The best part about learning to be confident in yourself and coming to know who you are is that you will no longer feel that heaviness.  You will feel free.  You will be happy.  You will wonder why you spent so much time focusing on all the wrong things when you have had all you needed inside yourself.

Let it go; you are enough!

1 comment:

  1. my beautiful daughter......u r beyond beauty......your personality, your loving mothering skills, your kindness towards your husband....u r fun and funny.....yes you have have beautiful hair and a beautiful smile and a cute figure, but its 'who you are' that makes you so beautiful.....I love you so much....mom

    ReplyDelete