Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

His greatest creation


If you go to lds.org and type "Gods greatest creation" in the search box a video of us, His children, will come up.  WE are His greatest creation.  YOU are Heavenly Father's GREATEST creation!  He loves each of us so much more than we will ever be able to comprehend.  We are all blessed with moments in our lives, many moments, where we feel His love surrounding us, embracing us, but those moments are only glimpses of His love for us.  He loves us so so much.  

We all know and we all hear that we need to take time for ourselves.  We need to make time to do things we love to do.  How many of us actually do that though?  I know, as a working mom of two and also going to school, days are busy...it almost seems impossible to take time for myself without feeling rushed or guilty.  Even when I have had those times where my husband says, "you go get out and have some time for yourself; I can manage the kids for a few hours," and I go out for a couple hours I am continuously looking at the time and feeling guilty for taking time for myself. It's hardly relaxing at all!  But I know, it's so neccessary. Heavenly Father didn't create us as unique individuals just so we'd loose ourselves when we became mothers and wives.  Are we taking care of the woman God created?

I've found it's easier for me to even know the woman He created is to stay close to Him.  When I am putting reading my scriptures and saying my prayers as a priority I am able to have a deeper understanding of who I am.  As I grow closer to Him I begin seeing the things that make me happy.  I begin to see that those things that I love aren't just petty things.  These things that I love to do are a part of who I am; they are what make me me.  We need to make time for those things because when we feel happy and begin to see that everything that we love makes us who we are we are able to be the best version of ourselves.  Which in turn makes us better able to be a better wife and mother and overall just a more well rounded happy daughter of God.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! I'm the same way about feeling guilty taking me time, but it's so necessary. Even just to stay sane! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say simply what Denise said - Amen!

    ReplyDelete