Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

for you, mama

Yes, I had a Christmas, almost eve, wedding.  In fact, my sister-in-law had her wedding only 5 days after mine!  It was an INSANE Christmas season back in 2009!

I didn't want to wait for Mothers Day.  What mother doesn't love to be loved and recognized?  Well, my mom is one of my best friends.  I feel so very fortunate to be able to say that.  I know a lot of girls don't have that relationship with their mom, and so I am very grateful I am one of the lucky ones that do.  I love her.  I may not have shown it back in my teenage years, but I'm glad we've been able to find a relationship now.  

I used to hate it when people would say, "Oh my gosh, you look just like your mom."  I'll admit, I still do.  It has nothing to do with her beauty, because obviously, you can see that she is gorgeous; it simply has everything to do with just wanting to be me and not anybody else.  I guess we all feel that way to a point.  

I know that I can always talk to her.  She's like my girly coach.  I know she cringed every time I would pull my hair straight back into a ponytail every day back in the day.  She really wished I would just wear some cuter more girly clothes.  She probably wished she had that little shopping buddy.  But no.  I was the tomiest, tomiest?  Is that even a word?  Well it is now!  I was the tomiest tom boy, ever.  I am sure never thought she'd see the day when my favorite color was pink or red, I wore bright lipsticks, painted my nails, chose skirts over jeans and almost always has a pair of heels on.  Oh, and now parts her hair to the side and actually does it.  But I am happy to say, she does have that daughter now!  Oh happy day!  

pardon my awkward selfies.....{we all have our own strengths, selfies are not one of mine.  Not too sad about that one though... haha}

I apologize, mom, for any times during those teenage years that I may have made you feel like I didn't love you.  I am sorry if you ever felt second place.  I know there was a time where I was truly searching for truth and I found that happiness and upliftment through my YW leaders and what they continuously taught me.  Although their love and example brought me to become part of who I am today Gospel wise, you have taught me how to be my own person.  You've taught me to be strong and to be kind to others.  You've taught me to put others first and love people for who they are.  Your example always put forth your love for your family and I carry that with me today.  My family means the world to me, my own little family and extended, in-laws etc.  I get that concern for others and the desire to serve others from you.  I couldn't have asked for a better personality trait to have.  I love you so much, and I am so grateful that you are my mom.  I am also very grateful I don't have a sister, because then I'd always have the need to compete to be your very most favorite daughter!! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I love you too honey....There has not been one single moment in your life that I was not proud of you or proud to be your Mom....You are an amazing woman/mother/wife. I could not be happier for you and the blessings you have in your life....My only regret is that it took me so long to become who I need to be to be a better example for you....Even if I had another daughter here on earth, you would be my favorite.....Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete