Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Let these moments last


It's these little moments I always want to remember.  It's these moments I want to linger longer.  It's in the knowing what happened just prior to this shot, right before his little eyes closed and he fell fast asleep.  When his tiny little arm stretched across and pulled me closer to him, when he lifted his head and pulled my face in closer to his and gave me the sweetest little kiss on the lips.  It's when I told him how much I love him and he whispered back, "I love you, too."  The way he softly smacks his lips together as he's falling asleep.  And when shortly after he falls asleep he makes several little "hum" noises.  The sweet moment when he tells me he wants me to put him to bed and as we're walking to his bedroom he reaches his hand up and we hold hands as we walk to his bedroom.  And the moment I see him in the morning and he exlaims with the biggest smile on his face, "Good morning mommyyyyy!"  

I didn't ever want him to grow up.  I cried every time he turned a year older, but oh how I love this stage.  I want this stage to last.  I will cry when he turns a year older, and then be in awe of just how much cuter each stage can be.  He was sent to me for a reason.  He is one of the sweetest boys I know.  Yes, I am biased.  But, in my world, he is one of the sweetest little boys.

1 comment:

  1. he loves you so much because you love him so much......he is happy because he knows he is loved and safe.....he is sweet because you are his example of what sweet looks and acts like....you are his world until he meets and falls in love with his future wife....then you may not be his world anymore, as it should be, but you will 'always' be his mommy, the first girl he ever loved, his rock and his soft place to fall.........

    ReplyDelete