Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Cherish these days

I hear this a lot; especially since a lot of the ladies I am around during the week have older children.  They have been around the block, and some of them are even watching their children have children.  
It's not easy to be the fun bubbly patient mom when you're going off of two hours of sleep because your baby wasn't feeling well all night or when your three year old just wont.stop.whining. I get it.  Today was one of those days for me.  Then when my three year old finally fell asleep tonight I went into his room to find him asleep with his bucket of cars next to him and holding a car in his hand.  This boy is obsessed with cars.  I covered him up and just sat and looked at him, I hugged him and kissed his forehead and cheeks more times than he would ever let me if he were awake.  I whispered, "I love you, Corbin."  I thought about all the moments in the day where I could have done a little better or said something a little different.  

being a mom is tough stuff, ladies.

I think I need to just constantly tell myself that it's okay that I am not perfect.  As long as I'm trying to be better each day.  I'm going to make mistakes.  Those mistakes are how I learn to become the mom, wife and daughter I want to be.  Without those mistakes...how would I learn?  

(not really sure what I was doing with my eyes in this photo...)

This little man is teaching me a lot of things about myself.  Weaknesses of mine I probably never would've known I had unless I had children.  Having children is humbling; having children is a great big wake up call.  I have learned so much, not only from my own children, but from those children I teach, I have learned so much about myself it's crazy.  Some good and some not so good.  I am grateful for children's willingness to forgive, especially my own, so that I can perfect my good qualities and strengthen my weaknesses.

I love you boys.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday gorgeous girl. I can't believe you are 25 today! Time passes too quickly. You are such a wonderful woman, and mother. You have always been so good with kids. I am so glad you have been blessed with two of the cutest little boys. Happy birthday Haili!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday wish, Lizzie!

      Delete