Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

a little obsession

If you were to ask my husband what one of my biggest addictions are he'd most likely include chocolate chip cookies.  It's unfortunate for him, because his favorite cookies are oatmeal raisin, and I honestly don't really find them all that appealing.  I guess I should start being a good wife by making his favorite cookies once in a while, huh?  Anyways, I made these cookies for the first time about a month ago.  I've tried so many different chocolate chip recipes it's not even funny.  When my husband bit into one of these bad boys he responded with, "If you make these kind of chocolate chip cookies, I'll eat them any day."  My heart leaped!  Is this my safe escape for not feeling too guilty about my lack of cooking up oatmeal raisin cookies?!  These cookies are seriously the best chocolate chip cookies, ever.  It will forever be my go to chocolate chip cookie recipe.  Trust me, you will not regret making these!!

(I'm not a food blogger, by any means, so this isn't the best photo.)


Found recipe HERE

I've kind of tweaked a few things from her recipe, but it's pretty much the same. (Below is how I make and bake them)

ingredients:
3/4 cups butter, softened
3/4 cups brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chip cookies

directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg and vanilla, stir in with a wooden spoon
4. Mix flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
5. Pour flour mixture into the bowl with the other ingredients, blend together well
6. Stir in chocolate chips
7. Using a cookie scooper place dough onto a greased cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 8 minutes.  *I have never cooked them longer*  The tops will not be brown, but the bottom edges will be a slight golden color.
9. Remove from oven and let sit on the baking sheet for 2-5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.

These seriously are the best!  Enjoy!  Try not to eat all of them in one sitting!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you and your husband both loved these! Thank you for reading Apple a Day and trusting my recipe.

    ReplyDelete