Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Corbin Rulon Hunter, I love you.

I can't even begin to put into words how much my sweet Corbin means to me.  I don't even know how it's possible to love a little person this much.  It's amazing that just by looking at photographs those feelings of overwhelming love surface and just take over your entire self.  Does that even make sense?  It probably doesn't, because the love a mother has for her children is just so powerful and seriously indescribable.


These were taken when Corbin had to go in for his hernia surgery.  It was the saddest thing to watch him have to go through.  I love that first photo on the bottom of him though.  It's like he was born to love cars.  He still to this day always is playing with his cars.  And that last photo of him and Aaron.  Oh my goodness, we were SO tired.  Corbin wouldn't sleep because we were in the same room and he could see us.  We tried everything.  Closing a curtain, Aaron laying next to him, me laying next to him, rocking him...you name it, we did it.  He just was not in the mood to sleep, at all. We've been through so much with Corbin it's crazy.  I don't really ever think about it, and then when I go back and see these little moments I stand amazed at everything he has fought through to be here.  He was ours from the beginning.  He was our first, and will always be our first.  I think there is just something about that first baby that always stays with you.  Corbin has taught me so so much.  I need to remember, now that he's three, just how much I love him during his three year old fits and refusing to listen moments.  I need to remember that all kids do it...I need to remember to not be so hard on him.  He's three, but he's my baby all at the same time.  I want him to always know just how much I love him.








2 comments:

  1. Awe my sweet second born got the same surgery, around the same age, breaks a mamas heart! Hope he's all healed and back to normal:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did? Was he a preemie? It's awful. What was almost just as bad as the surgery was prior, not knowing why he was screaming in pain! This was a while ago. He ended up having to have two surgeries for both sides. His second one was done while I was on hospital bedrest with our second son. I felt sooo helpless.

      Delete