Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

three months of vaca comin' my way

Day two of Blogtember- Wednesday, September 4: If you could take three months off from your current life and do anything in the world, what would you do? (bonus points for fun photos from Pinterest, but don't forget to cite the source!)

Oooh!  To have three months off from reality?  Wouldn't that be nice!  First off, I would shut down my phone for those three months.  (Wonderful pro to having a go-phone.  There is no contract so I can just quit and begin whenever I please.)  But of course I'd find a way to have a device where I can post photos of my wonderful vacation  to Instagram, because isn't that what we all do?  Yes, I believe it is.  So there is the first of the first.  No one can contact my family and I, but you all can envy us while we go somewhere for three months away from all responsibilities. *wink wink*

There are several places I'd like to visit, but I think I'd split our vaca to two spots.  We'd relax in a warm cozy lodge and enjoy the outdoors of beautiful Alaska for half of the three months, and spend the other half in a romantic hotel getaway in Paris.  I guess let's add the last week of our vacation to spend in Disneyland, because that would be the kids favorite part of the journey!  



I choose Alaska because I  just think it's so beautiful.  I loooove the outdoors and I love the coziness and the feeling you have when you get to just relax with your family, especially in a beautiful lodge overlooking Alaska's beauty at its finest.  Of course we'd have to go during the snowy season!


I chose Paris, because I've been there before and I'm a sucker for romance.  How relaxing and rejuvenating would this view be for a few weeks?  To walk the cobblestone streets, vespas, gelato, walks on the beach, playing in the waves with the boys...aaaaaa.  Bliss.

Then to finish all this wonderfulness at the happiest place on earth!  Corbin would die at Cars Land and would absolutely go crazy when he saw Mickey, Minnie and the gang along with Mater and "Queen."  

I don't like this prompt.  Now I want to go do all these things!

6 comments:

  1. I wish I could send you to all of those places.....sniff sniff......
    I want to go with you when you take the boys to Disneyland (no matter how old I am).....

    ReplyDelete
  2. those all sounds fabulous! i've been to paris and it is absolutely breathtaking. Alaska would for sure be an adventure! would love to experience that:)

    xo annie

    http://silverliningjournal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stopped by your blog. Labor on labor day...that would've been somthing! :)

      Delete
  3. I'd love to stop and stay in Alaska! I did get to go on an Alaskan cruise last year, which was great, but we didn't get to stay there - of course I'd want it to be like in The Proposal, and that wasn't actually Alaska...but oh well. And yes to turning your phone off if you can still Instagram! I think I'd do that all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to Alaska a few years back in July. The landscape is just amazing. I just starting my "stalking" process of you so I don't know if you enjoy reading but on the off-chance you do, I loved Heather Lende's book If You Lived Here, I'd Know Your Name: News From Small-Town Alaska.

    And Disney! I could always be up for Disney!

    ReplyDelete