Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

born too soon

Friday, September 6: A story about a time you were very afraid.


A time I was very afraid...hmm...I guess it's a good thing this one is  a hard one for me to think of! 


 (Corbin born three months early.  2lbs 7oz.  That is my husbands wedding ring on his arm.  And saran wrap on his head to keep his body temperature up.)

Okay, by far, the most scary experience I've ever faced.  Not at all what I imagined my first pregnancy/labor being like.  I just can't even believe how tiny he was!  I see healthy average newborns and to think Corbin was literally less than half their size??  Unbelievable.  Leaving the hospital without our son was hard.  I remember though, that night I delivered.  Aaron and I going back to our hospital room and laying there with no baby.  He was in another room, hooked up to a million monitors and chords.  I remember both of us crying.  We were heartbroken.  Grateful he was alive, but scared for how much time we would have with him.  Would he survive?  Is he lonely?  He needs us.  He's all alone.  Okay.  I'm done with this story.  I can't go back there.  This was a time I was very afraid.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that must have been so terrifying. I have had friends who have worked in the NICU, and I just can't imagine the kinds of things they experience, much less a momma with a child in danger. It looks like you now have two healthy boys! I'm so happy it all turned out alright in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This almost made me cry. My daughter just turned 8 weeks today and I seriously have a horrible fear of this kind of thing happening. I believe that families are forever, but I cannot imagine any of my children dying prematurely. I'm so glad he is okay!!

    P.S. I really like your blog! I just found it! ;)

    http://lilgunnellfam.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete