Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Blogtember

This month I'm linking up with Jenni from Story of My Life!  She started this fun little thing for bloggers to do and link up during the month of September.  To check it out yourself you can click the blog button over on my left sidebar.

Tuesday, Sept. 3: Describe where or what you come from. The people, the places, and/or the factors that make up who you are.




I come from a mom and a dad.  I hope that is what most of us come from!  I was born in Salt Lake City.  My parents seperated when I was one years old, and my mom and I moved to California.  She raised me, as a single parent, in California until I finished 7th grade.  In 8th grade we moved back to northern Utah where I attended school until the end of 10th grade.  Then we made our way down to good ol' southern Utah where I finished high school at Hurricane High and continued my college education at Dixie State University.  I have three older half brothers, same mom, different dad, but they were raised by their dad, so growing up I was basically an only child.  I would've had a half sister, who would've been raised by my mom, but she died when my mom was only 6 months pregnant with her.  I don't really think much about it, because I was fairly young when this happened, but as I have grown up I find myself thinking about her quite a bit.  I wonder if I would've been a different person had I been raised with a sister.  I've always wanted a sister.  

I think growing up in California made a huge impact on how I am today.  I always was running around doing things with friends.  Constantly on the go, having sleepovers, parties, weekends at the lake etc.  I gained the characteristic of being very spunky, outgoing, sometimes spoke what was on my mind when I shouldn't.  I grew up knowing I could do anything.  I became independent and a person with a love for life and doing spontanious crazy things.

Utah shaped me into learning to have a love for the Gospel.  It also created an atmosphere where I began to take my friendships to a deeper level.

I believe the biggest factor that has shaped me into the person I am today is the Gospel.   I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  I believe that because I was raised in this Gospel it has molded me into the person I am.  Because I followed in the guidance of what I was taught regarding all the principles of the Gospel, it has helped me have the morals and qualities I have now as a grown up.  

I also believe the people I surrounded myself with growing up, and now, have helped me become who I am, and who I strive to be.  I honestly believe that the people who we hold most dear to our hearts are those whom we, one, obviously love and care for deeply.  But two, it's those people who we admire and have helped us grow into a better person.  


And because of who I have become this handsome and worthy man chose me to be his sweetheart for eternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment