Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

a love for photographs


This place.
They have the best soup and bread sticks. Inside this little old school store are all sorts of treats, goodies, sodas, candies, etc.  I love this little store.  And when I say little, I mean little.  It's so small in the inside, but it's filled with so much good stuff the tinniness just adds to its charm.

I'm not really sure what made me write about Judd's Store, because that is not even what I wanted to talk about.  I did take this shot when I was loving photography, and photography is kind of part of what I wanted to talk about.  I miss it.  A lot.  I regret that I sold my Nikon a while back.  It was one of those moments where I didn't see any talent in any of my photos I had taken.  And the few photoshoots I did I felt like I was a chicken running around with my head cut off.  I doubted myself and saw no special talent in what I was doing.  I gave up.  Never Give Up.  I miss it so much.  I know I'd be so good at it by now if I would've just kept going with it.  But now, I don't have the money to just go buy an awesome DSLR camera, so now I just have a little point and shoot, and I can't do shoots with one of those!  People would laugh in my face.  Plus, obviously they don't take near as good as photos, obviously.  I just miss capturing beautiful moments, and I have some pretty awesome ideas for a photography name/and what I would shoot.  What I mean by that is I wouldn't be your "average" photographer.  What I mean by that is I wouldn't be taking the normal wedding photos, newborn sessions, senior sessions etc.  But I can't say what I would be shooting, because one day I hope to start it up.  A girl can dream, right? ;)

This is a shot I took during one of my shoots a long time back.



Isn't this photograph breathtaking?  
So I started off this month going about linking up with Blogtember.  I've done a few posts involving this link up, but I have decided to stop.  I've loved meeting a few new bloggers through doing this, but I've discovered something about doing a consistent link up.  Though link ups can be fun, and I do participate in them every now and then, I have noticed a shift happening on my own blog since doing the Blogtember.  It's not me.  What I mean by that is that I'm not blogging about what is on my heart and in my thoughts at the time, when I am constantly trying to remember past experiences and documenting them for a link up quesiton.  Catch my drift?  It's taking my focus away from what I want my blog to be about and towards a blog without a purpose.  That's just how I feel for me.  I have nothing against those who choose to do link-ups.  That's just how I have felt doing this.  I like the above photograph because it just exemplifies kind of what I am focused on right now.  Becoming me and finding my place.  This girl is radiating beauty, there is beauty all around her, she's in the quiet with her thoughts.  So here's to turning my blog back in the right direction.

I've pondered a lot about what I want to go to college for. I know that I need/want to finish college with some sort of a degree, for sure.  I've just never really knew what I wanted to do.  Neither one of my parents went to school after high school, and only one of my brothers completed college.  I want to do the same, not because he did, but because I want to have the education, plus I really do enjoy learning.  At first I wanted to go to school to become a pediatrician.  Mainly because I knew it paid well, and I felt I wanted to work in healthcare.  Then after Corbin was born I thought I wanted to be a NICU nurse.  Then I thought, "maybe I only want these careers because they make a good amount of money.  I didn't like that. Long story made short, I'm 98% sure that I have made a final decision what degree I want to end with from college, and I am really excited.  I really feel like it's the right path, and I know I'd do a great job at it!   It's not a degree I'd make a ton of money in, like money I'd make being a nurse or anything like that, but it's a degree I could use to do something I absolutely love doing...and that's all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. I'm feeling the same way about Blogtember... I'm not sure it's worth it. Congratulations to you about school! That's a brave move and I'm glad you found something you will love!

    ReplyDelete