Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

called to serve

AS PRIMARY TEACHERS!
I'll admit, my first reaction to this calling was not a positive one.  I was not excited, at all.  I work with kids at my job, I have two kids of my own...I didn't want Sunday to be another day where I teach kids.  All my feelings towards this calling were somewhat negative, at first.  I started thinking, "they didn't give us this calling because they felt that's where Heavenly Father wants us.  They always call new couples in the ward to primary."  After our very first Sunday in primary I was totally filled with the spirit.  I am so thankful for our calling, and it really is awesome serving in this calling with Aaron.  He's so amazing with the kids.  We teach the eight and nine year olds.  Or so we were told.  Today we found out one of our girls is actually 11 years old.  So I'm not quite sure how old our class is! All I know is they are an amazing group of kids.  Seriously, what testimonies they have, and the love they demonstrate for one another is so pure and just, awesome.  Apparently the Lord needs me to be around kids!  I'm okay with that!  Kids are seriously so awesome.  I have nothing against Sunday School and Relief Society, I've learned great things from both those classes and organizations.  However, the spirit I have felt these last few Sundays in primary is so strong.  Children make the gospel so easy.  Simple primary answers are seriously the key to having a strong testimony and love for this gospel.


This girl.
I can say that I wrote her her entire mission.  Okay, there were several months that went by with no letters, but that was when everything with Kaden and hospitals and all that fun stuff was happening.  But other than that, we kept in touch really well throughout her entire mission.  I even got a letter from her when I hadn't written her in a while!  That was the best ever.  It's really kind of funny.  We were really good friends before she left on her mission.  Since high school.  But I really didn't think I would miss her as much as I really did when she was gone.  When I met her at the airport when she got home I was trying so hard to hold back the tears.  I had goosebumps all over.  I seriously feel so blessed to have a friend like Aubs.  We've been there for each other through some pretty rough times.  We've partied, laughed, named a "rock" out in Kolob together and so many other great memories.  I hold her so dear to my heart, and I'm looking forward to continue building our friendship.  WELCOME HOME AUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Horrible photo of myself, but my boys just look so super handsome here!  I just love them.  I am so grateful for these loves of mine.  Kaden is my little pudge.  He is just the sweetest, funniest little dude around.  He can almost sit up!  Actually, he can for like a few seconds and then catches himself with his arms as he falls forward.  He's starting to get the hang of homemade baby food, too.  Corbin can count to 10, knows most of his alphabet and has an amazing memory!  Aaron and I will have been married FOUR years come December and have two of the cutest boys around, under the age of three.  It's funny how sometimes life doesn't play out as you "plan."  I told myself I wanted to date somebody for a year before I got married and wanted to wait at least one year before having kids.  Well, I got married the same year I met Aaron, and we had our first baby the next year. (Of course it would have been later if Corbin stayed in the oven for the full ten months.  We are so blessed.  They are seriously our miracle babies.  

I was going to write down a few thoughts on some things that have helped build my testimony up lately, but to keep it short I will write down just a little something something that has really had a huge impact on me the past week or so.  

happiness and peace can not exist if you're constantly doubting the choices you have made and being filled with fear.




No comments:

Post a Comment