Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

2. Marcie

Marcie
My sweet Marcie.  I met Marcie back in 2007 when we both worked at the same place.  We just clicked.  I quit to go nanny overseas, never did I think I'd run into Marcie again.

Now fast forward to now.  I now work at CDC.  Last year I noticed a new employee being hired whose name was Marcie.  I remember thinking..."could it be? Nah...there's no way."  I was clocking in one afternoon and when I passed my bosses office I saw a lady who looked awfully like Marcie, but a lot more healthy and happy.  I turned around and both her and I jumped and were so excited to see each other.

Marcie has a light about her.  Something special.  I love her.  I don't even know how to express how much I care about her.  Her testimony and fearless way she shares that testimony with others is so beautiful.  Her story is beautiful.  She often explains that she can't describe herself, she can't tell you who she is, without tying the Gospel into it.  She is who she is because she is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  She's not afraid to share with others her testimony.  She often jokes about being a "hot mess."  I don't see it.  I see a beautiful woman who has overcome many many obstacles in her life personal, health, spiritual...you name it, she's probably seen it; if not in her personal life, in someones life who is very dear to her.  When situations arise where many people would give up or get down on themselves, Marcie finds a way to think, "what can I learn from this and how can I continue to be a light to others while I go through this?"  She's a cryer.  She's a hugger.  She's hilarious.  She's spunky and she allows all those around her to be themselves.  She's trustworthy...she's not very good with giving directions of how to get to places, but that's okay...no one is perfect.  She's beeeeautiful inside AND out!

And how could I forget.  Something I really and truly admire about Marcie is her love for her son.  Every time she talks about him I can just feel how much she loves him.  The way she helps him to understand very tough and serious subject matters about life is handled with such love and tenderness.  She always makes sure her son knows he is loved.  I love seeing her love for her son shine.  Not only her son, but the way she talks about her husband is so beautiful.  I love that he is her rock.  She says that he is her soulmate, that he grounds her.  She is so madly in love with him, even after nearly 20 years of knowing him.

Oh goodness.  I just love her.  Like I said, I can't put into words how amazing I think she is.

"I need to walk with my feet on the rock
and my heart lifted up in His Grace
I will stand in the light
look to the dawn as it breaks through the night
With courage and strength I will stand in my place
with the flame of my faith burning bright
I will stand in the light
hold up the truth and stand for the right
I can reach so much higher
I'm filled with this fire 
when I stand, stand in the light.."

One of my most favorite EFY songs, "Stand in the Light."  Perfect way to explain how Marcie chooses to live her life, and is such a great example to me of how I should face those difficult times.  She is such an amazing example to me of loving her son, being that superb mom that I strive to be.  Teaching her son the true meaning of life and how to be an example to his friends.

Thank you, Marcie.
I luff you.


No comments:

Post a Comment