Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Being an example

I'm on my phone right now so this is going to be short.  I hate typing on my phone!  Anyways, this last Sunday Aaron blessed our son, kaden.  My brothers, mom and dad all traveled down from salt lake just for the occasion.  Well Saturday we went to lunch with my dad and his wife.  As we were walking to our cars afterwards Cindy (my dads wife) walked slowly behind my dad and my husband. She took me aside and told me her and my dad were just talking about how my mom managed to get me to the right places in the right times of my life.  Although I moved a lot and didn't grow up in a home where going to church, reading scriptures or having family home evening/ prayer was sought out to be very important, I managed to grow up and find my way to seeing that those things were essential.  Whenever I think of how I stayed strong in the gospel through my teenage years, when I could have easily gone astray, I think of my amazing youn women leaders.  I'm sure as leaders they have no idea what an impact they're having on these young girls, but let me say,  IT'S HUGE!  For some, the love and example shown by their leaders is the biggest example of Christlike qualities they have in their life to go off of.  I'm so grateful for my life and everything that has been given to me.  My blessings are huge and I'm so thankful.  I have so much of how I was able to push forward through difficult times to thank my wonderful leaders in young women's.  the days I'd be so sad and my sweet friend/leader Melissa would take me for icecream and let me vent.  The activities where I felt left out and my leader Rebecca would stir up a plan to dump a bag of water all over a couple of other leaders at our ward BBQ and make me her sidekick.  These two women will always have a special place in my heart.  always.  I'm so grateful for them.  So so grateful.

So when my stepmom said that I automatically was thinking, "there's no way I could've done it without the love and compassion of these two women."  I leaned on them so much when I felt lost.  I hope one day I will have the chance to be as big as an example to as these two ladies were to me!

1 comment:

  1. You were the strong one:) I don't know how you did it, but you managed. Love you!

    ReplyDelete