Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

my style my way

Style is an ever changing thing, isn't it?
I know for me, it always has been.
I went through that awkward phase of middle school life where I slicked my hair straight back
wore jeans and labeled T-Shirts.
I always felt so lame because all my friends shirts said Aeropostale or Abercrombie, Hollister or American Eagle. 
My mom couldn't afford those kinds of clothes for me.
I tried to blend in...
never really did.
I had a few really close friends
and a lot of people knew me, but I wasn't anywhere near "popular status."

Even know my style has seemed to be somewhat unstable.
I have never really known what my style was.
I'd see bloggers do fashion posts, and many comments saying how cute their outfit was
I'd stare at it for several minutes trying to talk myself into thinking that I liked that style...
often times I'd think, "okay, maybe I could grow to like it..."
Then, it hit me.
I don't have to like what other people wear, or I don't have to think that their style should suit me.
The mix match random layer type outfits...I've just never gotten.

So what's my style?
I've never really done any outfit posts, probably because my closet consists of clothes I've had since high school, and I have about six tops and a few pairs of jeans and capris.
That shall change sooon. 
Summer shopping trip is coming!
My style fits my personality, I believe.
Here are a few outfits that I've put together, or found that are SO me.
This is my first time sharing a peek at my own personal style. :)







These are just a few looks I love.
The shout ME!
Lace, girly, soft, classy, simple, sweet.
Love them all.


6 comments:

  1. loving this personal style!!! all of these outfits are adorable!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE! I would wear all of them!

    Brittany
    Benbrie House

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your style!
    And I can totally relate to what you were saying about middle school style. That was so me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these outfits! I always knew my style till I had a baby. Now my body is so different I have a hard time dressing it. Half the time when I shop now I come home with the wrong size because in my mind I haven't gained a pound but in reality I am no longer a size small. I need to put together some inspiration boards like this to get myself motivated again!

    ReplyDelete