Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Kindness goes a long way

(photograph taken by me)

There was a time, not long ago at all, where I considered changing the name of my blog.  To what, I don't know.  I felt like the name of the blog wasn't my own.  I felt like I took it from Mandy.  I felt like I needed to find my own voice.  I am so glad I stuck with it.  That same day I was having these feelings I received a couple emails with comments saying they loved the name of my blog.  That it was very fitting to everything that was said in every post.  I am so thankful for those emails.  I am grateful to Mandy who had such an exeptional motto for her life so that all those who knew her could carry it on in their own lives and in the lives of those who they meet.

I am an avid reader of Casey's blog.  Through her blog I came across Kimmie who blogs over at Sugar and Dots.  I love finding new blogs, but when I do find a new one, it's not always that I find myself continuing reading past posts on their blog, but when I went over to Sugar and Dots that's exactly what happened.  I mentioned Casey before I talked about Kimmie, because they share a very deep heartache.  Miscarriage.  Many people who know of someone who has gone through this hold back.  It's like the wold wide phenominom of Is that lady pregnant or just overweight?  Should I ask how far along she is, or would that be too risky?  because if she's not pregnant I'll just offend her, but if she is pregnant she will be so excited that somebody noticed, and will be even more excited to go off about how happy she is.  In this case your best bet is to just not ask.  However, when it comes to a person you care about, who has gone through a miscarriage, ask. talk. support. send love.  That baby they lost is a part of them.  That baby is a part of their family.  It helps them to know people are thinking about them and that they love them.  Don't be offended if at first they don't respond to the support.  Eventually, they will.  Eventually, they will be more than grateful that you were there for them in such a difficult time.  They will remember your act of kindness.  Your words could help them in ways you may never know.  Even if you have never been through a miscarriage yourself you can offer your words of love.  They don't expect anything more from you.  Just be kind. Be a friend. Be a shoulder to cry on...don't be afraid to be kind.

(photograph taken by me)

I am so excited about my decision to share photos of my little sweet boy on this blog.  Even though I was, and still am, a bit skeptical about it, I can't ignore the fact that he just completes the feeling behind this blog so well.  He is so much a part of my life.  He is a part of why I do and feel  the way I do about life in general.  He is my happy, my sunshine--WE love him so much.  Children are the greatest gifts we are given by our loving Heavenly Father.  There is no better gift. 

1 comment:

  1. This just made my day- you have NO idea. Love you, sugar! Thank you for reading and for spreading such an important message to others. Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete