Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

blog for you!


Ok, maybe it's just me, but let me just say something.  Sometimes I feel like I have to blog.  I've read a few articles from bloggers about "how to make your blog grow."  Every.single.one.of.them say to blog on a consistent basis.  They say that you shouldn't skip days of not blogging, unless you take weekends off.  I don't have anything, not one thing, against any of  these bloggers, but I have to disagree with this.  Maybe it's different for those who actually charge for sponsor spots on their blogs, because the people who pay for that spot on that blog want their buttons to be seen.  But this isn't true for everybody.

(why is it every time I watch a scene in a show of a couple kissing I automatically think of how much I looooooooove my husband?)  sorry.tangent


Wow.  Okay, back to what I was saying.  When I got in bed Monday night with my husband, before I fell asleep, I thought, "I didn't blog. I should probably explain why...but wait, I don't have a good excuse.  What will I tell my readers?"  Then I was like, "What am I thinking?!"  Here's to being completely honest.  I don't have to come up with an excuse to not blogging.  I don't owe anybody an explanation.  My blog is a place I come to to just open up with my feelings, thoughts, stories etc.  It's not my business, thank goodness.  It's a place I come to enjoy and inspire and write down things I want to remember.  It's not a weekly newsletter or magazine.  So no, nothing big happened this weekend where I was unable to grab the laptop and blog.  I simply just spent some time with my family.  Such a relaxing weekend!

This is not to announce I won't be blogging as much, because usually I do have things I want to say every day, but sometimes, there are a couple days where I just don't.  and that's okay.  It has just been on my mind lately so I thought I'd put it out there.

And just because I feel like it, here is a shout out to Lizzie over at What I Love About Today.  If you haven't seen her blog before you should go over and check it out.  Not only is she my bestie, but her blog is filled with so much beauty.  I love it.

5 comments:

  1. I love this. You have the right attitude. Blog for you. Sometimes I still panic if I dont blog. Keep blogging for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! I am starting to feel less and less guilty about not blogging as time goes on! :)

      Delete
  2. I totally agree! I almost went a whole week without posting (just this last week!) and I almost felt guilty about it.... then I thought who cares?? I was busy enjoying real life and that's ok! Blogging is fun, it shouldn't feel like a chore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree! You should only blog when you feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate that you wrote this! I'm seeing so much in the blogging world lately about "blogging for you" and I think it's so true - it doesn't matter what people think, how many followers you have, whether you write the most interesting posts or not, or anything. It's for you. Do what you gotta do. It's better than a) writing posts that mean absolutely nothing to you just to have something to write and b) apologizing for not writing : ) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete