Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Welcome home Corbin


Dear Corbin,
A year ago today we brought you home from the NICU.  You spent the first 3 months of your life in that place.  But don't you worry, daddy and I came and visited you multiple times a day.  Not a day went by where we weren't holding you in our arms.  We may have been away from you at times during the day, but our hearts were always with you.  We weren't the same without you home.  We wanted your sweet little self at home with us so we could eat up every little moment of those precious first months of your life.  But we knew that you needed to be in the hospital so you could get big and strong and healthy.  The nurses could give you all the medicine you needed to stay healthy, the medicine you couldn't get here at home with mom and dad.  Those nurses took such good care of you.  But we couldn't wait to get our hands on you and bring you HOME!  That day didn't seem like it would ever come, but it did...just three months later.
....
the loooongest three months of your daddy and mommys life!!!
....
I remember being so excited for those moments in the middle of the night where you would wake up crying for me to feed you.  But you were such a good sleeper from the day we brought you home.  I'm pretty sure you only woke up, maybe twice a night, and that only lasted about a month.  After that, you slept through the whole entire night, and have since then.  You are such an incredibly happy baby.  Especially during sacrament meeting in church.  You like to jibber jabber and go crazy in sacrament.  Most of the time either daddy or I end up out in the foyer with you, because you don't like to be held in one spot for too long.  You have got to explore your world 24.7, which is fine with me!  I love to see you crawl scootch around everywhere.

My words can not express enough how much your daddy and I love you, Corbin.  You have us wrapped around your tiny little finger.  Everytime you laugh, smile, coo, jibber jabber I just melt.  I love when I pick you up from your Aunts house you get a huge smile on your face because you're excited to see me.  I'm thankful I get to spend each and every day with you.  I'm sad that one day you will grow up, and you will no longer want me to kiss you all over your face, you wont want to 'cuddle with your mommy...I will miss that so so much.  So for now, I'm going to squish you, tickle you, cuddle you and kiss you as much as I can.  I'm so in love with you, sweet boy.  You are our everything.  We will ALWAYS be here for you. no.matter.what!  

I'm going to get you an ice-cream today, and I'm going to let you eat as much as you want, get as sticky and as messy as you want, take so many photographs and then let you splish splash in a nice warm bath and get all nice and clean.  Today was one of the best days of my life, a year ago...and everyday since then.
We love you so much Corbin.  You are ours for eternity, and I am so grateful.
Love always,
mommy

1 comment:

  1. oh my, pure sweetness! this little letter is brimming with love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete