Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

speak kindly

Okay so I know it has been mostly Haili posting on here
But I had something happen yesterday that I had to share.
I am a teacher.
and sometimes I find myself getting frustrated with the same kids over and over again.
I'll tell them to do something, they won't do it. And i'll get flustered.

Anyway I was having issues with a particular student
and kept getting on him to do something.
I would ask, he would just sit there.
Finally I went up to him and asked him what was wrong,
and he told me flat out that I needed to speak more kindly to him.
Yeah this kid is 5!

I think in the hustle and bustle of everyday we tend to forget to be kind.
It becomes an after thought.
When in reality, it actually makes life so much easier.


-e

No comments:

Post a Comment