Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Smile

It only takes a simple smile to make another think,
wow. someone actually noticed I exist. 

It only takes a genuine, "Hi.  How are you doing today?"
to make someone think,
wow. someone actually cares about me, and what is going on in my life.

It takes a courageous hug to make someone think,
Today is going to be a good day.

I work in a hospital and often see people walking the halls
whomever I pass we'll always exchange a simple smile.
Today I passed someone and smiled at them, and I got a half smile back.
As I continued back up to my department I  thought to myself,
"I wonder how that person's day is going for them?  
Did I really mean it when I smiled at them?"
I mean, I guess it is kind of awkward to stop someone you don't know and ask, "how are you?"
But how many times do we smile at someone just for the sake of smiling?
I love it when people smile at me, don't get me wrong.
I truly do believe simply smiling at someone can brighten their day.
But let's not stop there!
Sometime this weekend, or next week, I have a challenge for ya'll.
Make a couple of cute notes with something uplifting on them.
For example:
"Hi!  I hope you have a fabulous day!"
"You look very pretty today!"
"smile!"
"kindness is contagious--catch it!"
They don't have to be anything too fancy.
When you pass by someone hand them the note and continue on your way.
You'll be amazed at what a difference you'll make in their day.
Once you've done it, write about your experience on your blog
and then link back up here on Wednesday!




1 comment:

  1. I am just loving this blog. And I don't even know how I got here...oh well. Love it!!

    www.ivy-lauren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete