Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Courage.


Go HERE and read this beautiful post written by Miss Ashley.
Then you can come back here and finish reading mine.

courage
isn't a easy thing to have a lot of the time.  
I love this quote I have in our dining/living room

"Always stand for what is right, even if you are standing alone."

Most of the time having courage requires us to take a big fat step out of our comfort zone.
I know, for me, that's really hard to do
especially when everybody around me is against what I know is right
it's so much easier to just sit and stay quiet.
Then later I always wish I would have stood up and said something.
I remember one day I was going for a walk around my neighborhood when I saw someone I knew
driving onto her street to go home.
I could see that she looked very sad.
I felt like I should stop her and just say hi and that I am so grateful that I was in her ward
and got to spend time with her each week.
But then I thought she might think it's a little creepy that I would stop her.
As she turned to come onto her street
(moreso it felt like someone pushed me right in front of her car and I had no control over it.)
I lifted my head up and smiled and motioned for her to stop.
We talked for a few seconds
and that's when I found out why she was so sad.
(take note-all this happened, probably within a whopping 20 seconds)
I felt grateful that she felt she could share that with me
and that my concern for her brought a smile to her face.

Even if all we can do is bring a smile to someone's face for a minute
that's enough.
Have a little courage.
Most of the time the hard things are the ones worth doing
the hard things are what make acts of courage into
a way of life and sculpt you into who you're becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment