Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Beauty is skin deep

(make up: blush and mascara)

Beauty is skin deep.
I was watching this show called, "Toddlers and Tiaras"
or something like that.
One of the 8 year old girls won 1st place in the "natural beauty" category.
After she won her reward the camera view went to the mother of the little girl.
Her mom was devastated.
She said that she wanted her daughter to win the glitz and glamour category
not natural beauty.
WHAT?!
First of all, the whole pageant thing...
wow.  I really have no words.

A friend of mine came over the other day, and she had  very little make up on.
The first thing she said when she came in was something like,
"I look scary.  I have no make up on."
When she left I remember thinking
"She looked very pretty with little make up."
Another occasion happened when I was talking to one of the nurses at my work.
She said, "Don't look at me.  I look scary."
Why do we women feel we need makeup?
And when we don't wear it, why do we feel the need to caution people?
I think make up is fun...I'm not saying it's not nice to get dolled up.
I am saying, I think, a little goes a LONG way.
A smile and kind words go a LONG way.

Heavenly Father created us.
Look around you.
Look at the rivers, mountains, streams
sunsets, sunrises, snowfall
the stars and the moon...
Everything He created is beautiful.
We women are no exception to that.

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone. "
~ Audrey Hepburn ~

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post. I think we get too caught up in our outside appearance and we keep applying (and applying and applying) layers upon layers of things that our faces don't need. Thanks for this! XO

    ReplyDelete