Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

pumpkin chocolate chip cookies


mmm....
I found this recipe on the wonderful food gawker app for my Iphone.  You can find the recipe HERE.  My friend posted on her face book that her home smelt like pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and roast.  um HELLO?!  So of course I had to have that too!  I bought a roast for this weekend, and I just got done making the cookies!  They are SO good!  Unfortunately, as I was adding the ingredients together, I realized the  "vanilla" we had really was non existent.  We had the bottle but not a drop was in it.  I wasn't about to just give up on the cookies though.  I debated, we had almond extract, but then I remember back to the time I tried to substitute vanilla with almond in my famous oatmeal raisin cookies and that was a disaster.  So I went without extract.

Corbin and I both tried these vanilla-less cookies, and we both agree that they are a success.  So if these cookies can survive without an ingredient I can only imagine what they taste like with the vanilla.  So if ya'll are wanting a tasty, may I add, quick treat, make yourself some of these very fallish cookies.  You and your tummy and hubby will be very much satisfied!

No comments:

Post a Comment