Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

You've got a friend in me

My two best girlfriends and I only have one photo with each of them.  What's up with that? 

Lindsay and I at high school graduation in 2007.

Oh my Lindsay!  Let me start by saying she just got married to Aaron's cousin Holton last week, and she looked GORGEOUS!  
Linds and I connected right straight away.  I remember we both worked at the movie theater in Hurricane, and people were talking about how she was in a car accident.  I was horrified.  At this point we weren't way close.  But I remember being sooo scared.  I asked someone if they knew where she lived because I wanted to give her a card, but then she came in and we were able to talk to her, and thankfully she was alright.  After that we became the best of friends throughout the rest of high school.  We were inseperable.  Our drama coach always knew that if he could find one of us, the other wasn't far away.  We spent most weekends having sleepovers and sneaking blizzards into the movies.  Lindsay's blizzard always spilt everywhere when she took of the lid.  Poor girl.  We went on a drama overnight trip, senior sneak day up to lagoon, oh so many fun times!!  After high school I went off to Italy and Africa, and came home and got married a year later.  Through that time we talked on and off but we had definitely lost touch.  We've recently started getting back in touch, and I am so happy for that.  I've missed her so incredibly much.  She is like a sister I've never had.  A best friend, and I love her almost as much as I love Mr Aaron Hunter. (:  I wish she didn't live in Provo now, because now both my best friends live far away, and I can't play with them on, at least, a weekly basis.




 Lizzie and I during Girls Camp, oh, only about, what, seven years ago?  Please don't ask me why we're sitting in the middle of the road.

I've talked about my girl Lizzie in some previous posts, so I won't go into too much detail.  Let's just say this girl is A L W A Y S there for me, and I for her.  We've been friends since our Sophomore year of high school. We weren't inseparable best buds back then, but we hung out quite a bit.  After I left Salt Lake and headed to Saint George for the rest of High school we kind of lost touch.  We reconnected a few months before she got married in July of 09, and I had the privilege of being one of her bridesmaids!  She was so pretty on her wedding day!  
Although we lost touch for a while after sophomore year; we are now best friends.  She definitely knows the true meaning of friendship.  Just the other day Aaron was telling me what a good friend Lizzie was, and he wished he had a friend like her, but a guy obviously!  He said, "she knows what it takes to be a good friend."  :)  I love Lizzie dearly.  I love knowing that I could text, call, message, email, etc her anytime of the day or night and she'd be there to listen.  I know that if something were to happen, and I needed her here in Saint George with me for an emergency; she would do everything in her power to get to me as fast as she could.  I love getting snail mail from her, and may I say, she sent me the BEST birthday gift EVER this year!  And I'm a lousy friend and still have her birthday gift at my house.  I love the quote she sent me the other day,

"friends are the family we choose for ourself."
Thank you Lizzie for being a girls most loyal friend!

I think every girl needs best girl friends.  I believe it's a necessity of life.  I feel blessed to have many friends I talk to often, but I feel even more blessed to have two of the greatest best friends that will always have a very special place in my heart.


2 comments:

  1. So I was thinking we need to do something about only having one picture together. I am thinking a photoshoot is in order. Maybe the day after thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete