Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

the present is a gift

I debated whether or not to post this; this topic is very near and dear to my heart, and although I am a pretty open person, this is something I don't like to talk about.  I decided to finally write about it, because I think writing is somewhat of an escape for me; once I write something I am able to somewhat let it go.  I feel like I have finally come to terms with the fact that things are the way they are, and I need to embrace that.

I've been, I guess you could say, 'lost in yesterdays.'  I have been thinking back to memories of high school and of friendships created.  I have been struggling with the fact that some friendships change and rarely do they ever go back to the same. How does someone embrace the fact that, although that friendship is still there, it is not as it once was?  It's not easy that is for sure.  

I've been so stuck in being so sad and hurt of actions by a friend, not intended, but the feeling of hurt is just how I feel, not anything that was intentionally done, and adjusting to the fact that our friendship is not as close anymore that I have been lacking to see all the people around me at this time in my life that love me.  It's taken me several weeks to come to a sense of peace and comfort to this subject, but I think I have finally found it.

We are not here on this earth living random lives.  We are each where the Lord would want us to be.  We are surrounded by people who are meant to be in our lives at this time.  Those friendships and memories created in the past were there at that time in our lives for a reason.  That reason and purpose was much needed, but those in our lives presently are here for a reason and purpose too.  


My super awesome husband is my other half.  He loves me for me, and he gets my sense of humor, sarcasm, the fact that I attempt to wrestle with him but fail miserably (you try being half the size of your husband!) We could spend hours just being with each other without even saying a word (no I'm not talking about sleeping.)  He's helped me become a better person, and I love the fact that I know he is always thinking about Corbin and me.  I love that we're complete opposites and exactly the same at the same  time.


My mom who has always been by my side no matter what.  Her and I are so alike it's scary.  We have our differences in our personalities of course, but for the most part, we could talk for hours about the most ridiculous stuff.  She will always be one of my  very best friends, and I feel so incredibly blessed to have my mom be one of my best friends.  She's someone I can call just to say, "wanna hear something really gross?"  I love her so much.


I'd say Lizzie, but I have to say Lizzie AND her husband Luke.  Luke and I have kind of a hate/love relationship.  He likes to pretend to be Lizzie online, when I can totally tell it's him and not her.  I love my Lizzie girl so much.  I won't say too much because I've only talked about her a bazzillion times before!  I wish these two lived just a little bit closer to us so we could have double dates and movie nights.  Lizzie is that friend I know that I can talk to about anything, and we just have so much fun together.  I am so excited for these two to come for Black Friday!  (ps.  Ya'll can stay with us if you want when you come!)


Isn't this babe HOTT??!  Oh I love my Maddie!  We may not talk or hang out all the time, but we just totally get each other.  She's one of those friends who, even if you loose contact with for a while, when you reconnect the friendship hasn't changed AT ALL.  Well, if anything, it gets stronger.  It's funny because Maddie is the only person, other than my husband, that I asked for advice about a struggle I was going through recently, to be specific, the one I mentioned at the beginning of this post.  She just is so dear to my heart.  {by the way if you're wondering....she's getting married in less than 2 months!!! just for your fyi}


So she may hate me for using this photo, but I love this one.  My dear Madi is the sweetest girl I have ever met.  I wish we were sisters.  Our friendship started in such a silly way.  We were classmates, never really talked much, but then after that semester I found her on facebook, and we hit it off.  Our friendship since then has just blossomed into this beautiful little thing.  I am so grateful for her spirit and just her simple presence in my life.  I am going to ball like a little baby when she leaves on her mission soon.  I will write her every week!!  Love you Madi girl, and I am so proud and excited for you!


Isn't this the cutest, silliest photograph EVER?  I have grown to love my cousin Nikki so so much.  Her story, her faith, courage, talents, and so much more make me sit here in awe of her.  I feel so blessed to call her my cousin, and to be a part of her family.  She is the cutest mom in the entire world too.  Nikki I love you!

There are so many more people in my life right now that I love so so dearly.  I have 7 sister-in-laws that are INCREDIBLE!!!  And even though more than half of them live thousands of miles away I have gained such a strong bond with each of them, and  I am so grateful for each of them.  I don't mean to throw them all into one category because I love each of them, but this post, I have a feeling is super duper long.  

So to sum it all up...  I have come to terms that a friendship of the past that has become something different isn't something to be so sad about.  Friendships can change and that's okay.  In life people change and our lives are filled with so many people who enrich our lives.  

embrace the present.
for it is a gift.

2 comments:

  1. You are truly an inspiration! I know I have said it many times before but I'm going to say it again, how lucky I am to have married into such a wonderful family. It has been so neat watching the boys grow into the great men, husbands, and amazing fathers. I know it is because of the sweet Eternal Companions they were smart enough to ask to join them on this wild ride that we call life. Keep inspiring me to be better cause I know I have a LONG way to go. Love ya girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haili girl, you are so sweet. I just love your honesty and your pure love for everyone. Seriously, you are one amazing woman. Never change! I struggled with the same topic in the past, it's just another journey of finding yourself..and the end result can be marvelous. We are all daughters of God, and no matter who and what we are and do, He loves us. And that is most important.


    I sure love you!

    ReplyDelete