Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Salt Lake

Our trip to Salt Lake was a lot of fun!  I loved being up there again.  The weather this time of year is UH-maze-ing!!  The traffic on the other hand....not so uh-maze-ing.  Take away all the traffic and millions of people and Salt Lake would be the place to live!  Friday we went to dinner at Chuck A Rama and then went back to the hotel and went to sleep.  The next day we woke up and headed to downtown and went to the Beehive Home and Brigham Young's home.  That was so neat to be able to go on a tour of his home.  A Prophets home.  We walked around Temple square, went in the visitors center, Deseret Book, lunch at the Lion House (SO good!)  To end our little trip we went to a go-kart place and a bunch of us went go-karting; while some of us just watched. he he.

Want to hear my goosebump moment?  We saw President Uctdorft outside walking!  He got bombarded by so many people-mainly girls.  People were jumping out of their cars to run up to him and get photographs.  Poor President, he probably needed to eat some lunch!  It was in the middle of the two sessions on Saturday.  Oh my, I had the goosebumps so bad!  :)  I am so grateful for the Prophets and Apostles in these last days.

Now to our purpose of even going up to Salt Lake in the first place.  We went up because Aaron's sister and her husband came out from Florida!  It was so fun to see them!  Then, it was even more sad to say good-bye.  Ugh. I hate  goodbyes so much.  I'm horrible at them.  Almost every time I say goodbye to someone, and I know I wont see them for a while, I cry.  I held it all together this time though! YAY! :)  But seriously, Rachael is even more uh-mazing than all the chocolate in the world!  That's saying something!  I love this girl so much!  I have been thinking a lot about friendships and relationships lately.  Some people have a lot of friends that they talk to, and others have lots of friends, but have more of a close knit of friends.  Does that make sense?  I myself, tend to like to form deep relationships with fewer people than have several friends and not really have a deep relationship with.  Family and extended family mean so much to me.  I'm horrible.  Tangent.  I was trying to just say that I love Rach.  She is hillarious and I am glad that I am a part of her family now.  She is such an example to me in so many ways!  Thanks for coming out Rach; we loved hanging out with you and Josh!








2 comments:

  1. Aw!!! LOVE the pictures! Sounds like you had an amazing time! I wish I would have known you were up North! It would have been so good to see you and the hubby and the little man! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! I love you too Haili! It was so great to see each of you and your kids. I often wish we weren't so far apart, but such is life. I'm glad we get to see each other as often as we do. :) :) Corbin is such a sweet baby and I'm sooo glad I got to hold and squeeze him! It makes it a LITTLE better now that we're back home. Thanks for all the kind words. You sure know how to make a girl feel special! I LOVED seeing President Uctdorf too. Just being near him was amazing. What a blessing to have living prophets and apostles today! I'm so glad the pictures turned out okay. (Aaron told me I had it on the flower setting! Haha!!) I love you guys and miss you so much already!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete