Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

missing for a while, but not really

If you haven't noticed Haili and I haven't posted for the last few weeks.
I think we both were trying to figure out if we could really DO this blog.
We both have so much going on in our lives right now, we didn't know if we could spare the time.

After two weeks though, I have realized that right now at this time in my life, 
I NEED this blog.
It has been amazing how the atmosphere around my home has been, my relationship with my husband and my family has been, all because I have been focusing on being kind.

The last challenge we gave was to write a letter to a person you had been hurtful to and apologize.
I such a great experience with this, I just had to write about it.

The person I decided to talk to was my brother, Doug
I have never been the girl to get along with her siblings.
I was always getting them into trouble, and well I rubbed all my success in their faces.
Very mean.
Usually it was because I was insecure about something going on in my own life.

I haven't really spoken to my brother since before I went to college
He has been through some tough things this year,
I can't even bare it, truly it cuts me to the core to think about what happend.
Someone in our family made a choice that could have ruined his life.
He bore it with such grace.
And thankfully God was there to bless him in the end.
I have know that I needed to make things right with him from our childhood for a while.
So a few weeks ago, after I issued the challenge I gave him a call. 
We talked and talked,
I asked, he forgave.
He has called me or texted me everyday since.
I know he needs me in his life right now. Someone on his side, to tell him that He can do it!
I think we all need someone like that in our lives. I am so happy to be that person for him.
Sad to say, this is the last picture taken of us together at my wedding.

Even if it were just for that experience alone, I am so glad that we started this blog.

-Kindness is contagious...Catch it!



1 comment: