Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Beautiful

We have been so pleased with the people who have been sending in submissions for our blog. We got this one this past weekend and totally loved it. It really is what our blog is about. I have know this lady since we were both 11 years old playing on the same soccer team. She is now married and has a cute little son. 


Bobbi's Story


Just last Saturday (Sept. 10), my husband and I were on our way to Salt Lake City for a surprise birthday party for my dad. It was going to be the first time in a long time that all of my siblings would be in the same place at one time, so we planned on having professional pictures taken. I'm not sure why, but I love getting pictures taken of my new little family. My son is 4 months old, and I just love capturing the three of us as often as we can.  But as much as I like pictures, I can never seem to decide what I want to wear, or how to do my hair. It seems like the only time I have bad hair days on the days I'm actually trying to make it look really good. Or I can never get my make-up just how I want it. It just always seem that I am not completely satisfied with something and so I am never completely content with the pictures because I'm wishing my hair would have looked better, etc. So as usual, my hair and make-up just didn't seem to want to cooperate that morning. But I didn't have any time to fuss with it or try to make it better so I just had to deal with it. 

We arrived in Salt Lake a bit early for the party, so we decided to go get something to eat. The baby was sleeping in the car, so my husband stayed in the car with him while I ran into Subway to get us some sandwiches. The line wasn't long but the people behind the counter were being pretty slow. As I am waiting for my turn, this guy comes in to grab his sandwich that he ordered "to go". After he grabbed his sandwich, he came up to me and said, "I hope you don't mind me saying this, but you look absolutely beautiful today", then he simply walked away. I have never felt so good in my life. I have NEVER had a complete stranger just come up to me and say something so nice. And I could tell that he wasn't trying to flirt or anything, he was simply just telling me what he thought. And it completely made my day. I felt so good and confident the rest of the day. It was such a simple thing, and not a big deal at all, but it really meant the world to me, especially on that day.


Thank you for your submission Bobbi, we really appreciate your willingness to share. For everyone else, we appreciate every single story and look forward to hearing from you.


No comments:

Post a Comment