Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sometimes He Lets it Rain

{ I love this song and if any of you would like to download it, it's on Itunes for $.99, the vocalist is one of my favorites; Katherine Nelson.  I thought of this song after talking to one of my sister-in-laws tonight and thought I'd share it with ya'll.}

Sometimes He lets it Rain

She sees the storm clouds gather
The sky is turning cold and gray
She knows that somethings coming
when she starts to feel this way

She pleads for intervention
But heaven offers no relief
she would understand if she could only see

Sometimes He lets it rain
He lets the fierce winds blow
Sometimes it takes a storm
to lead a heart where it can grow

He can move mountains of grief
and oceans of pain.
But sometimes he lets it rain.

When her heart surrenders
to the master in control
Her spirit learns the lessons
and the tempest in her soul

when it's no longer raging
She can see how far she's come
through the wisdom and
the mercy of the son

Sometimes He lets it rain
He lets the fierce winds blow
Sometimes it takes a storm to
lead a heart where it can grow

he can move mountains of grief
and oceans of pain
but sometimes He lets it rain.

I also must say that I took Ashley's challenge from the "Shine Project" and posted random notes of kindness in random places.  I put three in the restroom at my work.  Then about a week ago one of my co-workers informed me of her miscarriage, and I wrote her a note after talking to my friend Lizzie.  Today I received a note from this co-worker of mine that was the sweetest note ever.  She also mentioned the notes in the bathroom.  She told me she knew they weren't just for her, but she wanted me to know that they really impacted her and helped her a ton.  And she's right, I didn't put those for just her, I put those for everyone, but one of the things I wrote really helped her and that made all the difference to me.  I really struggled with, "should I put these notes up...really?  It seems kind of silly."  I'm glad I did though.  Everyone apparently knows me though and knows my handwriting so at our staff meeting I was caught red handed as the bathroom notes! ha ha.  I'm glad I made everybody happy though, and I am so grateful for my friends little note she wrote me today.  So basically, you truly don't know how big you can affect a persons life until you try. So go out there today and SHINE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment