Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

(lack of)

fact of life.
I'm horrible at posting photographs on this little blog of mine.  I guess because if I were to take photos throughout the day you'd be seeing photos of babies who, technically, I cannot share photos of because it would be against work policies and such.  So the only photos you'll probably ever see are photos of Corbin... I'll try and get better I promise.  Although for some of you, namely, my mom, only care to see photos of Corbin so you could really care less.
The other day I asked one of my friends if they were happy.  She told me something that I always tell others and myself, but I had forgotten about the saying.  "we choose happiness."  was basically what she said and it's so true.  I feel like I've come such a long way from when I was younger, about young womens age.  I don't depend on others to bring me happiness.  I am just happy.  Why?  Because I choose to be.  That brings me back to Mandy Johnson when she said that others couldn't make her feel sad; she let herself feel that way.  She said that it's okay to cry and be sad for a little, but to pick yourself back up and go on with life with a smile on your face.  When you dwell on people and things that upset you; you're not wasting anyones time but your own.  Life is good, whether we notice  that or not, that is up to us.

Well school starts in a few weeks.  I'm signed up for all online classes except for one, and I have 19 credit hours!!  I might end up dropping a class, I hadnt' realized I had that many hours until I looked up my schedule yesterday.  However, two of the classes should be fairly easy, so maybe it wont be so bad.  I'm only going to be working three days a week, and so that should be nice.  I'm just excited to get back on the "school bus" and get my generals out of the way so I'm that one step closer to starting the program to become a NICU nurse!!


{this was my first time seeing our son after he was born.  4 hours after delivering him.  Luckily they were able to take him out for about 10min so I could hold him.}

I have a love/hate relationship with this photograph.  I love it because it's the first mom/son contact I got.  It was such a bittersweet moment.  I don't like it because I hate all the cords and tubes he had to be hooked to.  I also love it because it shows the reality of how fragile he truly was.  How hard he was going to be fighting, how hard he was already fighting.  Thank you Corbin for fighting.
{about a week after coming home}
{at 6 months old}

Corbin is now rolling over, back to belly and belly to back.
Holding his head up.
Eating one baby food about every other day
drinking 6-8oz every 3-4 hours
Sleeps from 9pm-9am
takes sparatic naps during the day
laughs
brings smiles to our faces on a daily basis
is the sweetest little boy you'll ever meet.

Love you little guy.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure that you will do great at school. I am so proud of you and I here for you if you need any help with anything!

    ReplyDelete