Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Kindness

Never underestimate the power of "you." I know we have all heard that we all make a difference in someone's life, even if we don't realize it. Well that's good to hear, but it's sometimes hard to believe when we don't actually see the difference we made. So here's what I'm thinking. I do this very often and encourage y'all to maybe try it. When someone says something nice to you and it helps brighten your day, or if someone inspires you, helps you, encourages you or changes you in any way; write them a little 'note of kindness.' it doesn't have to be long or it can be, whatever you want. I know that by this little act of kindness it will make you feel even happier and it will help that person realize that what they do really affects others, and will in turn probably continue serving others because they know that they do really make a difference.
Dear Maddie,
I wanted to take this time, since I'm on the topic, to thank you. I really love our friendship. I only took a few friendships with me from the good ol sandy days, and I'm very grateful that ours was one of them. I love looking back on our night drives up to the lookout or 7/11 or Wendy's with Spencer, the walks to shopko and that chocolate place where we'd get chocolate covered strawberries, sleepovers and calling completely random boys, I even remember all the nights when we would sit in your basement and watch movies...with me being the third wheel! Ha ha. I remember the time when we first met Anthony and when we ate an entire pizza all by ourselves!! What a proud moment! Madds I sure do miss you and all the fun times we had. I can't wait for the day you get married and I can come see you on your happiest day ever! You are going to be an amazing wife. You have such a determined and faithful spirit. You are a divine daughter of God and a great example to look to. I love you Maddie!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Haili! This totally made me cry! Like I still am crying. I love you so much!!! I want you in the temple with me when I get married! You always will have a special place in my heart and I am so happy you decided to come to the movies with us that first time even though we were so crazy! lol

    ReplyDelete