Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

infertility

I continue to research this topic over and over.  I've never felt so passionate about something ever before.  I think after going through what we did with our son, "infertility," is the most horrible thing a woman should ever have to go through.  And seeing people I love go through it really really makes me cry everytime I think of everything they are going through.  Especially the mother.  We were sent here to earth and our divine role was to be mothers.  To see a woman go through something that keeps her from fulfilling that calling is devastating to me.  It doesn't seem fair.  Then again, we all know that our Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us, and that he'll never lie to us.  So we must have faith in His timing and know that we will fullfill all the roles in which He knows and wants us to do. 
So as I continue to research this topic and come to read about the things couples can do in order to conceive I've come to realize it's a costly thing.  I've always known that all the treatments, meds, surgeries, adoption, all of those cost money, but through research, I'm beginning to see just how much money.  Medicines can go anywhere from $50 a month to $5,000 a month, sometimes more, depending on how many or what kinds you try.  Surgeries alone are expensive, and to have surgery for infertility treatments can start anywhere from $3,000 to $10,000.  Then you have adoption which can be $40,000 and more.  To top all that off, most insurances...dont cover any of this.  And when you have a woman who knows she wants to be a mother, and a couple who knows they are made to be parents, and just being a woman in general, makes you have that desire to have children, you'll do whatever it takes to fill that role.  Even when finances dont go with your wants, you'll do what it takes, and money will take a definite toll on the relationship and stress levels.
SO, with all this research im doing and will continue to do, I ask a little favor.  I'm trying to start a foundation for these women and couples.  The money that is donated will be going to deserving families for whatever route they choose to do; whether thats medicine, surgery or adoption.  Whatever little money is donated will go to helping a family.  If you read this and would like to donate, email me at aaronandhaili(at)gmail(dot)com or leave a comment.  Also please, if you would like to help this foundation get a move a long copy and paste this post of mine onto your own blog, website, facebook, whatever you have.  My blog is private, so I need a little help from all you to help get this cause out there. And if you dont feel comfortable donating i hope this at least makes you aware of the issue at least! 
Thank you so much.  I really think that we can make a difference in the lives of many woman and families. 

No comments:

Post a Comment