Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Blessing

Corbin was blessed in Sacrament Meeting today (along with three other babies!) I loved loved LOVED it. What a special spirit our little boy has. We are so blessed to have been chosen to raise Our Heavenly Fathers child, Corbin to be exact. He's such a miracle in our life, and in the lives of many others. I didn't record it like I had wanted to because I completely forgot, but I still remember some of it, and so I need to write it down in his journal. So so sweet. Not a dry eye in our family. So many came out for his blessing, and it was such a memorable and exciting experience.
We spent time with my family and husbands family this weekend and it was a lot of fun. My brothers came down fromm Salt Lake with their wives and babies. It was a lot of fun catching up with them. I've really missed them. I wish we lived closer to them so we could have couples nights and girls days, and just fun stuff. Maybe, I might be secretly wishing that Aaron gets accepted to school up there. just maybe. I admire my brothers so much, and I feel so blessed to be their little sister.
Later this evening I was singing songs to Corbin as he was falling asleep, and I sung, "Walk Tall." I really just love this song. I know he is not a girl but I change 'daughter' to 'child' when I sing it to him sometimes so he doesn't get confused. As I was singing to him I started to think about women who cant conceive, women who it takes a lot of time and medicines to conceive, and women who, devastatingly, miscarry. I remember when I was in young womens and I was taking a walk as my leader was driving onto her street to go home. She pulled up next to me, and she was really just broken. I asked her what was wrong, and she had told me she miscarried. I felt so bad for her, but at the time I honestly had no way of knowing really, how she was truly feeling. Now, being a mom, I can. I know women who have gone through these situations, and I just tear up everytime. I know that each of these women will be given the oppurtunity to fill their roles of being mothers to a first child, and more. I stand in amazement at their strength and their unwavering faith. I feel so blessed that Corbin made it through his begining fight of life. We are truly blessed as a couple.
I love love love my family.
By the way, I'm going to start to try to take more photos to post on this lovely blog of mine.

1 comment:

  1. I think I must have been thinking of you yesterday because I couldn't get that song out of my head. I am glad it went well! I wish I could have been there:D

    ReplyDelete