Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

a little bit of everything.

Believe it or not, this is a photograph of a sunrise in Saint George, Utah.  I want to run.  Meaning I want to start running in the mornings.  However this is a bit of a problem.  You see, I have to be to work by 7:00am which would mean I would have to wake up at 5:00am and go running to give me enough time to still come home and shower before work.  I don't really see that happening.  The only time I wake up that early, well 4:30am to be exact, is on Fridays, when I need to be to work at 5:30am.  Most of the time I have two days off a week though, so maybe I could do a morning run on those two days.  I wish I had a running buddy.  Ok, really, a walking/jogging, buddy.  Let's face it people, I have always told myself I hated running and I am horrible at it, but practice makes us better right?  I just love the mornings so much, and I think so much clearer when I am out in nature. 
Taking something from my friend Sammi's blog.  I want to run away.  I want to grab Aaron and Corbin and just run away.  Someplace in the middle of nowhere where we can explore.  Where we can go into nature and just capture everything around us.  Okay, and a nice  trip to someplace fun and exciting would be nice too.  Can I add that to my menu?  I want to be a kid again but with my family.  I want to do those crazy "in the middle of nowhere bonfires" with my family and my friends and family's families.  Just talking and making smores, playing games, and just enjoying each other.  Work, school, money...none of it measures even close to the meaning of family.  I wish all of it disappeared and just left family. 
Corbin will be 6 months old in 3 days people!  It doesn't seem like it.  He's still my little baby (literally.)  People always told us, "Once he gets out of the NICU you almost forget he was ever in here."  They told us this after only being in the NICU for about a week.  We thought they were all nuts.  But we were just talking about how we know he was in the NICU, and it felt like FOREVER while we were there, but now it's hard to even think about the fact that he was indeed in the NICU for 3 months.  It's surreal. 
So what is everyone doing for their sweet husband's for Fathers day?

1 comment:

  1. I did actually read that birth story already. But it always makes me super excited about giving birth after I read experiences like that! The only thing I'm really nervous about is the hospital Im giving birth at. I just worry that they will try and pressure me into doing it their way instead of mine. I really wish I could go to a birth center, but I haven't been able to find one anywhere near where I am. Thank you so much for thinking of me and sending the link, I really do appreciate it! Tell your little man happy six months for me!

    ReplyDelete