Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Everything Pure

I often times think if non-members see the connection between certain things on earth and how it goes hand in hand with “gospel principles.” Words that are often related to Heavenly Father and our Savior are often called, “living water, pure, innocence, clean.”

living water: Without water, we as humans, wouldn’t be able to survive. We wouldn’t even be here if it wasn’t for the sacrifice of our loving Savior; who is “living water.”

Cleanliness: How do we all get clean? We take showers or baths. We remove filth and sweat by water. Our sins are washed away when we are baptized, by water.

Snow: Have you ever been somewhere where it’s covered in snow…nothing around…just snow. Shh…don’t talk. You cant hear anything. It’s completely silent. We all know how we hear the whisperings of the Spirit. Only in those moments…those still quiet moments is when we’ll hear those promptings.

Everything is connected back to Him. Next time you’re out in nature just look around you. I know we have a Heavenly Father and that all that we have and all that we do is connected back to Him in some way.

I am going to go back to my cousin Nikki. I would link her page so ya’ll could see how spectacular she is, but her blog is private. I love seeing different photographers styles. Nikki’s photography always reminds me of pureness. Something about her style just catches my eye. She seems to catch that something spiritually special in all of her photographs. One of her most recent one was a portrait of her sister Emma. One thing I notice about people is if they have that “twinkle” in their eyes. Nikki captured Emma in such a inspiring way. You can see her sister’s testimony just radiate through her smile and eyes.

See, even photography…it can take you back home. Back to something Gospel based. Life sure is beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. you make me want to take my blog to unprivate. i'm just a wuss, haha.

    thanks for your kind words, you seriously are the sweetest person. this whole post seriously inspired me. It was everything I needed to hear right now, it was perfect. And thank you for the compliment on the photography, you are just so sweet. Thank you!

    We will be down for britts sealing, lets get together!

    ReplyDelete