Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Our little Man

So I’m just going to come out and say it right now.  Beginning of the post.  I’m not going to make ya’ll wait, because this is exciting. Super exciting. No he’s not coming home yet but guess what he did tonight?  He smiled with his eyes open and it’s the cutest thing ever!  Maybe I’m biased but I’m pretty sure I have the cutest baby ever.  I love him so much.  And for those little readers of mine I’ve decided to let ya’ll see this adorable baby of ours!

smile

Yes, is he not just so…oh I just love him!  He’s doing so good.  He is now at 3lbs 6oz and 32 weeks old.  Tomorrow he’ll be a month old.  In two weeks we’ll be able to try breastfeeding for the first time.  The tube that is going into his little nose is oxygen flow.  He can breathe on his own but all preemies need that oxygen.  The orange tubes in his mouth are for feeding.  One feeds the breast milk to him and the other is for when he burps or spits up it goes up that tube into a sucher.  He’s grown so much since he was born.  Now to me it seems like all babies should just be  this little to begin with.  Somebody told me that I cheated.  So many moms say, “my baby is growing up so fast!”  So apparently I cheated because Corbin is small for a longer amount of time than full term babies.  He’s growing up just as fast to me though. I love that he is doing so well; it makes this process a little easier for both Aaron and I.

Corbin is showing a lot more emotion now.  Tonight when I was holding him he would kind of make a little noise when I would talk to him.  It was like he was responding to what I was saying. 

uh oh 

The nurses just love him.  They keep giving him little mohawks in his hair.  It’s actually pretty funny that he has enough hair for them to do that.  There is one nurse there that I think he actually kind of likes-he kind of flirts with her.  It’s so cute.  I guess that’s a pretty good update for ya’ll.  And just so everyone knows- we don’t know when he’ll be able to come home.  They usually come home close to their actual due date.  The only way he’d come home earlier is if he decides he’s ready and does all he needs to do in order to come home.  So by March 14th (hopefully sooner) we will for sure have our baby boy home!!  (If he continues to do good that is!) 

Oh and PS.  Thanks for all those who came to the baby shower.  We had fun!! 

4 comments:

  1. oh my word, he's darling!!!
    he looks so much like Aaron, haha.
    aww, I am going to be down this weekend..but
    with all the stuff that sophia has had I don't dare
    see him yet. I will be down lots next month
    and in like all of March, so I will for sure see him then!
    sorry we weren't able to make the shower, we do have
    a gift for you guys! If you are at Morgans farewell sunday i'll give it to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so handsome! I love hearing about him. Give him a big kiss from his Aunt Rae! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haili... He is just adorable! You are so blessed to have this precious little baby in your life. He will bring so much happiness and joy... into your life. He kinda reminds me of Andrew.... when he was born. I love the picture of him smiling.... what a little sweetheart. I love you Hai.... Keep lovin' and nurturing your little man. Love, Aunt Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. awe, hes so teeny. so cute. congrats.

    ReplyDelete