Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

3 months too soon

Wow.  I miss our little guy so much.  I know he is in the best possible place right now for the stuff he needs to get better.  All the nurses are amazing and he seems to be doing great.  All of the nurses say he is doing really well for how young he is.  He never had to be on a venalator for breathing or anything.  He breaths the air you and I breath.  He is on oxygen but only for pressure.  He’s moved up to a Isolate, which is still one of those enclosed beds where the temperature and humidity is controlled, but it’s the next step to an open crib.  I couldn’t ask for him to be doing any better than he is; I just really want the day he gets to come home to come FAST.  It was so hard to give birth and then go home a couple days later without our baby.  The hardest thing-ever.  Each time I leave the hospital my heart just breaks.  At night I just wish I could be one of those moms who say they have no energy and are tired all the time because their little baby kept them up all night.  I know those days will come soon and I can’t wait.

Oh let me tell you my opinion about our little hospital.  I think that it’s wrong to have all the mom’s that just delivered on the same floor when they are staying in the hospital after giving birth.  I think that the mom’s who delivered preemies should be on a different floor than those moms who delivered full-term babies.  Want to know why?  When Aaron and I had to sleep in the hospital we had some neighbors next door who had lots of visitors and a crying baby in their room.  While we were next door hearing, “oh what a sweet baby.”  and hearing the baby.  While we didn’t have ours.  He was downstairs – in the NICU.  That was hard.  I don’t think it’s very nice.

  I feel so blessed SO BLESSED, to have such an amazing best friend.  An amazing husband.  Amazing friends and family who give so much support and prayers on Corbin’s behalf.  Thank you.  I know he’s doing so good because of those prayers, and because of the Savior and His love and Heavenly Father’s hand in everything.

A lot of my friends are having babies, have a baby, or are pregnant so ya’ll know what I am saying when I say that it’s crazy how much love you have for someone when you have a baby.  Your love for that little miracle is indescribable, and your love for your spouse grows so much stronger.  You have always loved your spouse obviously, but something about having that little baby strengthens that love and makes it grow so much stronger.  I love my family so much.  Sorry I have no pictures.  Since he’s in the NICU I’m not too fond of just posting pictures.  Once he’s home I’ll share a picture or two with you all. 

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your experience in the hospital. Let me share with you mine, and it might make things seem a little better. Do you remember when I had a miscarriage? I had to have a D&C at the hospital, and they stuck me in Labor and Delivery to recover. So here I wake up from surgery with no baby left, and I see baby after baby being wheeled by my door. Talk about hearbreaking!!! I don't think I have ever cried that hard in my entire life as I did that day! Someone's got to get things straight in these hospitals! Anyhow, I hope your little man will be coming home sooner than the doctors predicted and that you will have many sleepless nights:) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness I had no idea you had your lil baby boy! Congratulations. I'm so happy to hear that he is doing. I will defiantly be keeping you guys in my prayers! I'm excited to see pictures.
    Keep up your faith you have an amazing spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope everything is well. Ben use to work at that hospital with on the baby floor and he didn't like that they did that either. I was told I am not having my babies in that hospital ha ha but i guess the littles ones really pick. let me know if you need anything I do work over here in st. g and can drop things off if you need them. loves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haili, I know we don't talk much, but I just wanted you to know what an awesome person you are. We have been praying for your little family, it is scary when they come so early. I am so glad to hear he is doing so well! I've always looked up to you, you are such a great person and you will be one awesome mommy!

    ReplyDelete