Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

gratitude

I still think it’s funny how everyone does a post right around Thanksgiving time for the things they are thankful for.  I mean I know it makes sense and all to do that…but really? Let’s make these thankful posts a little more frequent.  We should be thankful everyday.  Obviously we’re not going to post everyday about the many things we’re thankful for but get ya’ll get what I’m trying to say.  I love reading about the different things my friends are thankful for, and it would be fun to read them all year round ya know? 

So now that I’ve just given everyone my point of view I’m going to go against it basically.  Go figure.  I am really so grateful for my amazing husband.  He is really everything I could have ever asked for.  Growing up I always saw my mom struggle, and I was worried I would always have issues trusting men.  Which I did for the longest time.  Until Aaron.  He was and is so so patient with me.  He helped me get through my trust issues and stayed by my side.  I had a lot of issues with trust-a lot.  So to see him stick around and  help me conquer those issues, well, that alone said a lot about how he felt about me, and about what kind of person he really is.  He was the first guy I ever kissed, ever truly truly loved, and ever really really cared about.  Sure I said I love you to a guy in highschool a time or two, but no one really does know what love means until they truly do fall in love.  There are different kinds of love, and the love you share towards the one you choose for your eternal companion is such an amazing love that just can’t be described.  That love feeling can only be felt when you go through it yourself.  I liked reading my friends blog when she said that she was nervous about something but right when she felt her guy grab her hand and hold it tightly all her nerves left.  It was such a cute thing to read because I know how that feels.  I feel so safe with Aaron.  He is so protective, and I know that he will do anything to keep me safe.  He has such a hunger for learning new things and such a great understanding of Gospel subjects.  He is very considerate of others and very respectful and helpful. 

As little kids we never really think about getting married for real.  Sure some of us might have played house and stuff, but did we ever really imagine our future and the time that would come where we would choose someone to spend the rest of our lives with?  I know I didn’t.  So when it came to dating Aaron I thought of it as just another learning experience.  Until about the 2nd date.  I knew something was different.  I knew he was in for the long haul.  I knew he was not going to break my heart.  I knew it.  How?  I just did.  Marriage still seemed way far off and all, but I knew he wasn’t leaving.  So it was up to me.  I knew I liked him.  I liked who he was and what I saw.  But something about taking things to another level scared me.  We worked through a lot of things together.  Mainly on my part of trust issues.  Then…with him knowing I was ready to get married…he proposed.  July 27th, 2009.  We were married and sealed for time and all eternity December 23rd, 2009.  That whole day was like a blurred dream to me.  It was all so surreal.  Like, “is this really happening?  To me?”  Now as I’m sitting here typing this I’m thinking, “I’m pregnant?  I’m going to be a mom and Aaron is going to be a dad?  What?  In only three months?  Is this really happening…to me?” 

[started dating February 2009]

[engaged July 27th 2009]

7624_180878047526_713017526_4274011_2580262_n

[married December 23rd 2009]

[officially pregnant June 20th 2010]

[first vacation together-Florida]

DSC01615

DSC01581

Aaron is my everything.  And on top of that- he has one amazing family that I get to be a part of now too.  I couldn’t have gotten a better bunch of in-laws. 

Keep an attitude of gratitude!

2 comments:

  1. Hali Yea I am so glad I now have you on my blog list so I can check up ALL the time! I love your posts you are inspiring in a way to read! I am so glad you guys are doing well, we missed you guys for Thanksgiving!!! I am so glad you guys had fun in Florida, I have to agree with you you do have a good set of inlaws, Aarons family is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute pics and cute cute cute posts. i love reading
    them. you guys are such a cute couple. and ps...i love your hair brown. it's so pretty. i mean, come on you're pretty with any color, but brown is just really stunning on you.

    ReplyDelete