Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Spiritual Strength

Two posts in one day? This is a first for me! I just couldn't resist sharing. As I jumped into bed and opened my scriptures I turned to Doctrine and Covenants 108:2-3 I love it when I open to scriptures that just are what I need to hear. Seriously, if you ever feel like your kind of slacking spiritually or just don't feel like you're being your best self when it comes to spirituality...read these two verses. Or the whole chapter (it's really short.) Which leads me to my next point. Don't be offended when I say this. But I only say it because it's never happened for me, and honestly I don't really think this is how it's meant to work. We all know that there is a scripture for everything we're going through. A scripture that will help us and strengthen us. A lot of people think that they can just open the scriptures and flip to the EXACT verse that Heavenly Father wants them to read. (maybe this happens) but I don't think that's what they meant. As for me, I know this sounds bad-but, I wanted a short chapter tonight, and I wanted it to be in the doctrine and covenants. Well I found it. At the same time I found a scripture that I didn't know I needed to hear. But boy did I! Heavenly Father sure knows how to get His message across to us when He wants it to be heard. So at least know what your basic want is for why your reading and then search for that topic in the topical guide or something...you'll be lead to the scripture you need to hear. So remember to make time for reading scriptures!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment