Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy Birthday!

So these past two weekends have been filled with a lot of different things going on. It's been a lot of fun! We had:

My 21st birthday!!!
General Conference
Easter
Austin (sister in law) birthday
Aaron and Ben's 24th birthday!!
and our traditional fast Sunday dinner at mom's house. (mom hunter)

It's been so so much fun! This may be a long post, so if you wanna get off the fun-filled ride while you're ahead I am giving you the oppurtunity right now. ha ha. So, Thrusday (April 1st), my 21st birthday I got presents and breakfast in bed!! Then, unfortunatly, I had to go to school. However, afterwards, Aaron and I went to lunch at Wingars. Janice (mom hunter) showed up in the parking lot and gave me a birthday present! :) We invited her to eat lunch with us and she asked why we couldn't have picked a better place, and then did a head motion to the restaurant across the street, Olive Garden, and said, "like that." ha ha. So she passed and Aaron and I had our lunch. Later that evening Aaron went to work and I went over to my cousin Tammi's house. We at wonderful peanut butter cup cupcakes that she had made, played pin the tail on the donkey with the kids, and then when Tammi left in the kitchen the kids and I got in a chocolate frosting food fight! ha ha. One of the kids had started it, and I was thinking in my head, "well I could tell them to stop like a responsible adult...." If you know me, you know that's not what I did. I joined in on the fun, and then Dre got his mom in the face when she walked back in!!! ha ha. It was a fun birthday, sadly we got no pictures. But there will be some from Aaron's birthday.
We went over to Grandma Jeppson's house for Easter/General Conference. So many cousins and family. It was a lot of fun!
For Aaron's birthday this past Saturday I woke up and made him breakfast and gave him his presents. Then we went to his favorite Brazilian Resturaunt for lunch. I don't really like it, because all it is is a place where they bring you a lot of different meats. Not my style. Then we went to go see "How To Tame Your Dragon." I would highly suggest if you have young kids to go see this movie. We absolutely loved it. It was also one of the cleanest movies I've seen for a long time. It's hard to find those these days. There was not one innuendo, or swear word, nothing. So good.

This is Aaron before he performed his "I want to Ride My bicycle" radio dance. He didn't really want me to post the video, because it shows his "true colors." ha ha. Oh well, at least I get to watch it over and over again. ha ha. It is hilarious. We also took a trip to the DI before the movie started. (just to kill time.) We looked at some really really old books. It was actually really neat minus the smell. When we got home I lit the ICE CREAM cake I made HOMEMADE for him! I was so proud of myself!! He absolutely loved it!!


Yes, I actually had 24 candles on that cake!! It was a marvelous thing! I tried to make strawberry cupcakes to take to moms house the next day, but they did not turn out. :( Oh well. We had plenty cake and ice cream. Janice had made two different kinds of cake. Cherry cake, and carrot cake; both of which were delicious. We also had a wonderful dinner outside. Roast and everything good that goes with it; including fruit salad!! My favorite!! We had Grandma, Aunt Wan, mom, Jon, Austin, Maddox, Jed, Ben, Kirsten, Me, Aaron, and Britt and Lukas there. It was just so much fun! What a fun past couple of weeks!

I received a letter from Lindsey Spjute's father on Saturday too! If ya'll don't remember, Sister Spjute is the missionary I mentioned in a previous post. She had passed away on her mission almost two years ago. Then 6 months after Lindsey's passing her mother passed away from cancer. This family is remarkable and has suffered a great deal. Please keep them in your prayers, I have grown to love this family very very much. The letter meant a whole lot to me.

These last pictures are from our hike to Gooseberry. It was a lot of fun. We found a lot of water holes, and Aaron had to stop at every single one of them to show off his water proof shoes. I'll give it to him his shoes are pretty hott. :)





2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the parties were a lot of fun. Wish we could have been there. Wait until you come visit. We'll show you how to do a cookout, just ask Aaron ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No video????!!!!! That would have been great! Glad you both had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete