Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

.angels. love. inspire.

"You cannot stay on the summit forever; you have to come down again. So why bother in the first place? Just this: What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen. There is an art of conducting oneself in the lower regions by the memory of what one saw higher up. when one can no longer see, one can at least know." --Rene Daumal

I hold this quote so close to my heart. I had to read it a few times before I actually really really understood it. I love this quote for more reasons than one. It can have many meanings to it. One, we are all daughters and sons of God. OF GOD. Have you ever stopped and truly pondered that? We are sons and daughters of a royal king; creator of everything beautiful. We have the potential to do marvelous things. We were all once with God, our Heavenly Father, therefore we know we come from a premortal world. We may not have memory of what it looked like, but we know we were there and we know we'll return. Heavenly Father is on top of the summit looking down on us. He know's we've been at the top with him, and we just had to come off the summit for a while to be tested and to love those around us. He let us come down because he knows when we recall what we felt and knew at the summit with Him we will be changed. We will make it back to Him. Another reason why I love this quote is because I love nature. When I hike to the top of a mountain and come down again I can always remember how I felt and what I saw. Those feelings and memories have had the power to inspire me. Those who don't hike to the summit never know the beauty they could partake of.

The climb we make in life can sometimes be a very steep challenge, but can you tell me of the feeling you get when you reach the summit of that challenge? We feel so gosh darn good! We feel like we have accomplished so much, and that we truly are watched over, for we could never reach the summits of our personal mountains without the help of our Heavenly Father. I thank Heavenly Father for the angels he has sent me to help me to the summit. I am grateful that He knows me more than I know myself. I am so grateful for the endless love and support He gives me, for the inspiration and faith He gives to me, and for the weaknesses I have that He helps make strengths. I am ever so grateful for my husband and his unconditional love he gives me.

1 comment:

  1. Haili you are so inspiring! I remember you as this littls girl and here you are a grown woman! You inspire me to become better and reach higher.

    PS love you too!! Just read the miracle post. :)

    ReplyDelete