Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Called Home to Serve

I can't even find words to say. I'm getting choked up just thinking about writing this post. I've met a remarkable young lady through words from her loved ones. I came across her story by chance, but am living by her example on purpose. Sister Spjute was serving a mission in England when she collapsed in a beautiful forest while out jogging with her companion. No reason for her collapse was found. No reason of death could be seen. Sister Spjute was simply called home. I can not tell her story as well as her loved ones did. For they knew her far better than I do, though I wish so much that I was able to have met her. Her story is in a book sold at all Deseret Book stores called, "The Transfer." Everytime I walked past this book as I was working I felt something tell me to read it. So one day I picked it up and decided to read a story in it. I flipped to the first one and decided to read a different one instead. I closed the book. Flipped to a random page and that page was the story of a remarkable young lady whose name was Sister Lindsey Spjute. After reading her story I was filled with the spirit and was just overwhelmed with a feeling of compassion. Ever since reading Lindsey's story I have been befriending everyone I see, and making it an everyday goal to make someone smile. I've already seen a difference, and it's only been a few days since reading her story. Lindsey will forever be in my heart; a best friend who I never met. I hope one day I will. I feel like there is a hole in my heart after reading this story. I have no idea why Lindsey's story hit me so hard as to make me cry. To make me feel like I knew her. Although she didn't get to finish her mission on earth, I know, without a doubt, she is serving one wherever she is now. Lindsey has made my testimony of life after this one so profound, and I will forever be thankful for that.

2 comments:

  1. Haili... Do you know how sweet you are and what an incredible woman you are? So proud of you!
    Love, Aunt Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Haili,
    I'm Melanie and my little sister is Lindsey Spjute (the j is silent). I tried to email you but for some reason it didn't go through. I'm sorry it has taken me so long to respond to your comment on my blog. I was so touched by your comment and the post on your blog that I forwarded your blog to my dad so he could read it. He was equally touched. We received "The Transfer" book shortly before my mom passed away so other than reading over the chapter on my sister, no one has had much time to think about it since then. I'm glad you reminded me about it.
    My sister was more incredible than could be described. I have never met anyone like her. Even with the passing of my mom, the loss of my sister is much more painful and difficult to accept. My cousin and Lindsey's best friend put some great pictures up on her blog about Lindsey. If you want to check it out you can look here http://rileyanderikagray.blogspot.com/2010/02/happy-birthday-linz.html
    Take care and keep in touch,
    Melanie (Spjute) Ball

    ReplyDelete